Sirius Black

Riana's POV

I hug Hermione as tears fill her eyes and Ron holds Harry back with one arm. While holding a struggling Scabbers in the other. "Ouch! He bite me!" Ron shouts letting go of Harry as Scabbers runs away. "Scabbers come back!" he yells as he runs after the rat.

"Ron!" we all shout running after him. Soon a ginger cat begins to chase after Scabbers.

"Get away from him -- get away -- Scabbers, come here!" Ron yells. He dives and catches his rat. "Gotcha! Get off, you stinking cat" he says. Crookshanks hisses glaring at Scabbers. I didn't know cats could glare.

"Ron -- come on back under the cloak" I tell him.

"Harry, Riana you both do realize what tree this is" Hermione says. Looking at the tree behind Ron horrified. I realize it's the Whomping Willow.

"That's not good. Ron, run!" Harry yells.

"Hermione, Harry, Riana run!" Ron yells at us pointing behind us. "It's the Grim!" he shouts. We turn to see a large black dog growling at us. It barks and starts to run towards us. Harry and I both go for our wands. The dog had made an enormous leap and the front paws hit Harry on the chest; he keeled over backward. Taking me with him.

When I got up I hear Ron yell in pain and smell blood. I turn sharply to see the dog dragging him into a hole at the base of the Whomping Willow. By his leg, Ron still holding a struggling Scabbers. Screaming for help. "Ron!" we all shout and run towards the tree. Only to be whacked away by a branch.

"That hurt" I groan as I hold my stomach. I sit up.

"Come on, if a dog can get through. We can" Harry tells us girls. We all get up and go to run at the tree again. But Crookshanks bits us to it. He slithered between the battering branches like a snake and placed his front paws upon a knot on the trunk. Abruptly, as though the tree had been turned to marble, it stopped moving. Not a leaf twitched or shook.

"Crookshanks. How did he know --?" Hermione says confused.

"He's friends with that dog" Harry grumbles. "I've seen them together. Come on -- and keep your wands out" he tells us. We nod our heads and approach the tree. We reach the hole in the ground. Harry went in first and we followed. Crookshanks follows us and we lit our wands.

"I smell Ron's blood, follow me" I tell the others.

"Are you sure it's wise for you to go near him?" Harry asks me.

"I'll be fine and won't hurt him" I state. I lead the way with Crookshanks. We soon reach a run down room.

"We're in the Shrieking Shack? Aren't we?" Hermione asks us.

"I think so, this way" I say and head up the stairs. Following the trail of blood. As Crookshanks disappeared. We soon hear a groan of pain and share a look. Before running into a bedroom.  On a magnificent four-poster bed with dusty hangings lay Crookshanks, purring loudly at the sight of them. On the floor beside him, clutching his leg, which stuck out at a strange angle, is Ron.

We run over to him. Harry and Hermione examine him as I survey the room. "Where's the dog?" Harry asks him. Exactly what I want to know.

"Harry it's a trap. He's the dog. He's an Animagus" Ron says pointing behind us. We whirl around wands raised. With a snap, the man in the shadows closed the door behind us.

A mass of filthy, matted hair hung to his elbows. If eyes hadn't been shining out of the deep, dark sockets, he might have been a corpse. The waxy skin was stretched so tightly over the bones of his face, it looked like a skull. His yellow teeth were bared in a grin. It is Sirius Black.

"Expelliarmus!" he says in a croaky voice. Pointing Ron's wand at us. Our wands shot out of our hands, high in the air, and Black caught them. Then he took a step closer towards us. His eyes were fixed on Harry. Hermione and I stand in front of Harry & Ron protectively. "I thought you'd come and help your friend" he says. "Your father would have done the same for me. Brave of you not to run for a teacher. I'm grateful...it will make everything much easier" he states.

"If you want to kill Harry Black" I sneer feeling my fangs elongate.

"You'll have to kill us too" Hermione adds.

"No, only one will die tonight" Sirius tells us.

"Then it'll be you!" Harry shouts. He pushes past Hermione and I. Perhaps it was the shock of Harry doing something so stupid. But Black didn't raise the wands in time one of Harry's hands fastened over his wasted wrist, forcing the wand tips away. The knuckles of Harry's other hand collided with the side of Black's head and they fell, backward, into the wall.

Hermione was screaming; Ron was yelling. While I stare at the pair shocker. There is a blinding flash as the wands in Black's hand sent a jet of sparks into the air that missed Harry's face by inches. Harry begins punching every part of Black it could find.

But Black's free hand had found Harry's throat. "No, I've waited to long" he sneers. Flapping them over.

"Get off of him!" I shout. I tackle Black away from Harry and he loses his grip on Harry along with the wands. I pin him down hissing. "No one hurts my friends" I snarl.

"Get out of the way Riana!" Harry tells me. I notice he and the others have our wands. I leap off of Sirius Black. I go over to Hermione and she hands me my wand. We soon all have our wands trained on Sirius Black.

"What now Harry? It's your call" I tell him. Before he can answer we hear muffled footsteps echoing up through the floor someone is moving downstairs. But who?

A/N

Picture above of Sirius Black and picture on the external link of Ron with Scabbers.