Quidditch Final

Riana's POV

A lot has happened since the last quidditch match. Sirius Black had broken into Gryffindor tower and had nearly killed Ron with a knife. Black escaped again though.The Fat Lady came back to guard the entrance along with two trolls. Neville was banned from anymore Hogsmeade visits and was no longer trusted with the password to the common room.

Harry snuck into Hogsmeade again and was nearly caught by Snape. But Professor Lupin came to his rescue. However, he confiscated the Marauders map from Harry. But at least Harry wasn't punished.

Also Hagrid lost his case in London. He managed to keep his job. Buckbeak has been sentenced to death. But he still has an appeal before he is executed. Ron is talking to Hermione again. So all four of us are trying to find ways of saving Buckbeak. Short of setting him free ourselves.

Hermione missed cheering charms. But I assured her I'd help her catch up on it. Hermione quit divination and stormed out of the class. She even punched Draco in the face because he was insulting Hagrid. I'm so proud of her. Anyway hopefully she drop another subject next year and can have a normal timetable. I planed on dropping a class next year as I'm going a little nuts using the time turner.

Anyway it's time for the final quidditch match of the season. Gryffindor Vs Slytherin. Slytherin was leading the tournament by exactly two hundred points. This meant that gryffindor needed to win the match by more than that amount to win the Cup. It also meant that the burden of winning fell largely on Harry's shoulders. Because capturing the Snitch was worth one hundred and fifty points.

The whole of Gryffindor House was obsessed with the coming match. Gryffindor hadn't won the Quidditch Cup since the legendary Charlie Weasley had been Seeker. The enmity between Harry and Malfoy was at its highest point ever. Malfoy was still seething about the mud-throwing incident in Hogsmeade and was even more furious that Harry had somehow wormed his way out of punishment.

Never, in anyone's memory, had a match approached in such a highly charged atmosphere. By the time the holidays were over, tension between the two teams and their Houses was at the breaking point. A number of small scuffles broke out in the corridors. Culminating in a nasty incident in which a Gryffindor fourth year and a Slytherin sixth year ended up in the hospital wing with leeks sprouting out of their ears.

Harry was having a particularly bad time of it. He couldn't walk to class without Slytherins sticking out their legs and trying to trip him up. Crabbe and Goyle kept popping up wherever he went, and slouching away looking disappointed when they saw him surrounded by people. Wood had given instructions that Harry should be accompanied everywhere he went, in case the Slytherins tried to put him out of action.

The whole of Gryffindor House took up the challenge enthusiastically. So that it was impossible for Harry to get to classes on time because he was surrounded by a vast, chattering crowd. Harry was more concerned for his Firebolt's safety than his own. When he wasn't flying it, he locked it securely in his trunk and frequently dashed back up to Gryffindor Tower at break times to check that it was still there. All usual pursuits were abandoned in the Gryffindor common room the night before the match. Even Hermione had put down her books.

But it's finally time for the match. I sit with Hermione and Ron. Both captains shake hands and the match begins. "And it's Gryffindor in possession, Alicia Spinner of Gryffindor with the Quaffle. Heading straight for the Slytherin goal posts. Argh, no Quaffle intercepted by Warrington, Warrington of Slytherin tearing UP the field. WHAM! Nice Bludger work there by George Weasley, Warrington drops the Quaffle. It's caught by Johnson, Gryffindor back in possession. Come on, Angelina. SHE SCORES! TEN-ZERO TO GRYFFINDOR!" Lee commentates. We gryffindors cheer along with Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff.

Flint smashes into her, nearly throwing her off of her broom. He apologizes saying he didn't see her. A moment later, Fred Weasley chucked his Beater's club at the back of Flint's head. Flint's nose smashed into the handle of his broom and began to bleed. Both teams were awarded a penalty each by Madame Hooch. Alicia took gryffindors and scored a goal. Flint took slytherins and failed to get past Oliver. Making the score twenty - zero to Gryffindor.

The match continues and the score is now thirty - ten gryffindor. It was turning into the dirtiest game I had ever played in. Enraged that Gryffindor had taken such an early lead. The Slytherins were rapidly resorting to any means to take the Quaffle. Bole hit Alicia with his club and tried to say he'd thought she was a Bludger. George Weasley elbowed Bole in the face in retaliation. Madam Hooch awarded both teams penalties, and Wood pulled off another spectacular save, making the score forty-ten to Gryffindor.

Soon the score is seventy-ten to gryffindor. I watch Harry closely with the others and see Malfoy on his tail. If Harry catches the snitch now, we will of won the match and the quidditch cup. Harry put on a huge burst of speed. Malfoy does the same and flings himself onto the end of Harry's broom, slowing him down. When Harry realizes, he glares at him in anger.

"Penalty! Penalty to Gryffindor! I've never seen such tactics" Madame Hooch screeches.

"YOU CHEATING SCUM!" Lee roars in anger. Dancing out of Professor McGonagall's reach. Professor McGonagall didn't even bother to tell him off. She was actually shaking her finger in Malfoy's direction, her hat had fallen off, and she too was shouting furiously.

Alicia took Gryffindor's penalty. But she was so angry she missed by several feet. The Gryffindor team was losing concentration. However, the Slytherins delighted by Malfoy's foul on Harry, were being spurred on to greater heights. They score a goal making it seventy - twenty to Gryffindor.

Harry was now marking Malfoy so closely their knees kept hitting each other. Harry wasn't going to let Malfoy anywhere near the Snitch. "Get out of it, Potter!" Malfoy yells in frustration.

Suddenly every single Slytherin player apart from Malfoy was streaking up the pitch toward Angelina. Who is in possession of the Quaffle. Including the Slytherin Keeper, they were all going to block her. Harry wheeled the Firebolt around, bent so low he was lying flat along the handle, and kicked it forward. Like a bullet, he shot toward the Slytherins. They scattered as the Firebolt zoomed toward them; Angelina's way was clear.

"SHE SCORES! Gryffindor leads by eighty Points to twenty!" Lee announces.  Harry, who had almost pelted headlong into the stands, skidded to a halt in midair, reversed, and zoomed back into the middle of the field. Soon both him and Malfoy are diving for the snitch. Harry knocks Malfoy's arm out of the way and closes his hand around the snitch.

"Yes!" Harry yells as he pulls out of his dive. His hand in the air, and the stadium exploded. Harry soared above us. The tiny golden ball was held tight in his fist, beating its wings hopelessly against his fingers. Soon the whole team hug him midair as us Gryffindors race onto the pitch. When the team lands safely we raise them onto our shoulders as Oliver is given the house cup. He hands it to Harry.

"We've won the cup" we all chant in glee. I notice Percy, jumping up and down like a maniac, all dignity forgotten. Professor McGonagall was sobbing harder even than Wood, wiping her eyes with an enormous Gryffindor flag. We carry the team back to Gryffindor tower for the longest party in my history at Hogwarts.

A/N

Picture above of Harry holding the quidditch cup above his head.