Ron's New Pet

Riana's POV

"I still can't believe you're a vampire" Ron says as we sit in our compartment. We won the house and quidditch cup. Professor Lupin was forced to resign as Snape let slip the nature of his condition. Which sucks as he was the best defense teacher we've ever had.

We got our exam results and we passed everything. Hermione and I dropped Muggle Studies so that we'd have a normal time table next year. Percy had got his top-grade N. E. W. T. s; Fred and George had scraped a handful of O. W. L. s each.

"Part vampire" I correct him. "My mother was human" I tell him. I go back to sucking my blood pop.

"And you both knew?" he asks the other two.

"I figured it out at the beginning of the year" Hermione states.

"Saw her buying blood pops and asked her why" Harry adds.

"Besides as long as I have a healthy amount of blood in my system. I'm just like all of you" I state. I vanish my blood pop stick. "What's that out the window?" I ask them.

"Looks like an owl" Hermione states. Harry opens the window and catches the small owl. Bringing it into the compartment. I shut the window as he releases the owl and looks at the letter it had brought. The owl zooms around the compartment twittering happily.

Hedwig clicked her beak with a sort of dignified disapproval of the little owl. Crookshanks sat up in his seat, following the owl with his great yellow eyes. Ron, noticing this, snatched the owl safely out of harm's way. "Who's it from?" I ask Harry.

"It's from Sirius" he tells us.

"Read it out loud" Hermione and Ron tell him. I nod my head in agreement. Harry opens the letter and unfolds it.

"Dear Harry,

I hope this finds you before you reach your aunt and uncle. I don't know whether they're used to owl post.

Buckbeak and I are in hiding. I won't tell you where, in case this owl falls into the wrong hands. I have some doubt about his reliability, but he is the best I could find, and he did seem eager for the job.

I believe the Dementors are still searching for me, but they haven't a hope of finding me here. I am planning to allow some Muggles to glimpse me soon, a long way from Hogwarts, so that the security on the castle will be lifted.

There is something I never got around to telling you during our brief meeting. It was I who sent you the Firebolt..." he starts to read.

"Ha, see! I told you it was from him!" Hermione says triumphantly.

"Yes, but he hadn't jinxed it, had he?" Ron asks her. "Ouch" he says. The tiny owl now hooting happily in his hand, had nibbled one of his fingers in what it seemed to think was an affectionate way. Harry continues to read the letter.

"Crookshanks took the order to the Owl Office for me. I used your name but told them to take the gold from my own Gringotts vault. Please consider it as thirteen birthdays' worth of presents from your godfather.

I would also like to apologize for the fright I think I gave you that night last year when you left your uncle's house. I had only hoped to get a glimpse of you before starting my journey north, but I think the sight of me alarmed you.

I am enclosing something else for you, which I think will make your next year at Hogwarts more enjoyable.

If ever you need me, send word. Your owl will find me.

I'll write again soon.

Sirius" he reads. Inside the envelope was Sirius giving Harry permission to visit Hogsmeade next year. That'd be good enough for Dumbledore. He goes to put both pieces of parchment away.

"Hang on, there's a PS on the back" I tell him. He flips it over.

"I thought your friend Ron might like to keep this owl, as it's my fault he no longer has a rat" he reads. Ron's eyes widened. The minute owl was still hooting excitedly.

"Keep him?" he asks uncertainly looking at the owl. He looked closely at the owl for a moment. Then, to our great surprise, he held him out for Crookshanks to sniff. "What do you reckon? Definitely an owl?" he asks and Crookshanks purrs. "That's good enough for me, he's mine" he declares happily.

Harry read and reread the letter from Sirius all the way back into King's Cross station. While Ron thought of a name for his owl, but couldn't come up with one. "I'll owl you about the world cup" he tells us. Before going over to his family. I spot my grandfather.

"There's my grandfather" I say.

"Isn't that Mr Ollivander?" Harry asks surprised.

"Where do you think I get my last name from? Swap the letters around" I tell him. "Anyway, see you guys next year" I tell them. Before running over to my grandfather giving him a hug.

"Hello my darling granddaughter, did you have a nice year?" he asks me.

"It was very pleasant" I tell him.

"I have a gift for you" he states and takes out two tickets.

"Tickets to the Quidditch World cup" I say in awe.

"Yep, I'm taking you this summer" he states with a smile. "Not high up, but decent seats non the less" he tells me. "Lets get you home to your uncle" he adds. So I grip his arm and he apparates us home.

A/N

Picture above of blood pop and picture on the external link of the owl.