First Morning of Classes

Riana's POV

It's the first day of classes and the Weasley twin gave us our new schedules. Hermione had given me, my time turner last night. She told me the rules for using it before we went to bed. Honestly our schedule is hypetic. I have Muggle Studies and Arithmancy at nine. At least I only have the use the turner once today. Hermione has to use it twice as she also has Divination at nine along with the other two subjects. I am taking every subject but Divination. I tried to convince her not to take it, but she wanted to try it.

"Hermione, they've messed up your timetable. Look -- they've got you down for about ten subjects a day. There isn't enough time" Ron tells her.

"No more then me aside from Divination" I tell him.

"We've fixed it all with Professor McGonagall" Hermione tells him. As I butter my toast.

"But look, see this morning? Nine o'clock, Divination. And underneath, nine o'clock, Muggle Studies. And look -- underneath that, Arithmancy, nine o'clock. I mean, I know you're good Hermione. But no one's that good. How're you supposed to be in three classes at once?" Ron asks her.

"Oh don't be silly Ronald" I tell him as I pocket my schedule.

"I won't be taking three classes at once and Riana won't be taking two at once" Hermione states.

"Well then..." he tries to say.

"Pass the marmalade" Hermione tells him. He goes to protest again as I hand her the marmalade.

"Oh, Ron, what's it to you if our timetable's a bit full?" I demand. "Hermione told you, we've fixed it all with Professor McGonagall. So drop it" I tell him. Hagrid walks over. "Morning Hagrid, looking forward to our first lesson with you" I say smiling. I've always loved magical creatures.

"Yer in my firs' ever lesson! Right after lunch! Bin up since five getting' everthin' ready...hope it's OK...me, a teacher...hones'ly" he says brightly. We smile and he heads to the staff table. I start to eat my toast.

"You lot had better go" I tell the trio. "Divination's at the top of North Tower. It'll take you ten minutes to get there" I state. They ate hastily and leave. "Save you a seat in Arithmancy" I whisper to Hermione as she passes. She nods her head. I ate my breakfast and go to Arithmancy.

I sit in the middle of the front row. Hermione soon appears beside me as our professor takes the roll. "Very good, we are all here" she states. "I am Professor Vector and I will be your Arithmancy teacher" she tells us. "Arithmancy is a magical discipline that studies the magical properties of numbers, including predicting the future with numbers and numerology. Witches and Wizards who study and practice Arithmancy are called Arithmancers" she explains.

"Now you all have your copies of Numerology and Grammatica, please read chapter one. And take notes" she tells us.

"How was divination?" I ask Hermione in a whisper.

"We were doing tea leaves and Professor Trelawney claims to of seen the Grim in Harry's cup" she mutters.

"Interesting" I drawl and start to read my book. Taking notes. At the end of class Professor Vector gave us a worksheet to do passed on the contents of chapter one of our books. Hermione and I go to a closet. We go back in time and go to Muggle Studies. Which is taught by Professor Burbage, who has a muggle-born father.

"I don't get why you are taking Muggle Studies" I state as we head to Transfiguration. "Ron's right, you're muggle-born" I remind. "Awk, did I just agree with Ronald?" I ask her.

"You did" she says with a giggle. "Besides it's fascinating to study them from the wizarding point of view" she tells me. Harry seemed to of chosen to sit at the back with Ron. I roll my eyes and sit in the front with Hermione. Professor McGonagall starts to give us a lecture on animagi as I take notes. She transformed herself in front of their eyes into a tabby cat with spectacle markings around her eyes. She didn't get her usually reaction and turns human again looking confused.

"Really, what has got into you all today?" she asks us. "Not that it matters, but that's the first time my transformation's not got applause from a class" she states. Everybody's heads turned toward Harry again, but nobody spoke. Then Hermione raised her hand.

"Please, Professor, we've just had our first Divination class, and we were reading the tea leaves, and..." she starts to explain.

"Ah, of course" McGonagall says with a frown. "There is no need to say any more, Miss Granger. Tell me, which of you will be dying this year?" she asks us.

"Harry apparently" I drawl not really caring. Sure he's my friend. But from what I heard, Professor Trelawney does the same thing every year. Now if Harry had seen a grim himself, that'd be different.

"Then you should know, Potter, that Sibyll Trelawney has predicted the death of one student a year since she arrived at this school. None of them has died yet. Seeing death omens is her favorite way of greeting a new class. If it were not for the fact that I never speak ill of my colleagues..." McGonagall trails off taking a deep breath.

"Divination is one of the most imprecise branches of magic. I shall not conceal from you that I have very little patience with it. Hence why I am not studying it. True Seers are very rare and I know I am not one" I tell the others.

"Besides you look in excellent health to me, Potter. So you will excuse me if I don't let you off homework today. I assure you that if you die, you need not hand it in" McGonagall tells him. Hermione and I laugh lightly. I can tell Harry felt better. McGonagall continues her lecture on animagi. After class we are given an essay to write and we go to lunch.

A/N

Picture above of Professor Vector.