C4 P2 - Pulp vs No Pulp

Nine days had passed, and the Pulp vs No Pulp Splatfest had finally arrived (it certainly took long enough).

Despite it only being the 27th day since they've left the bunker, it felt like it had been months. So much had happened in such a small amount of time. But never mind that, onto the topic at hand.

Dan was on team No Pulp, obviously. Why would he want little bits of food in his drink? The thought of him drinking OJ with Pulp made him shiver.

Dan had spent the previous day practising for the Splatfest, he didn't play Turf War often so he had to get better.

When the Splatfest had arrived, he decided to play a bit during the day, just to get a feel of what one was like.

Eventually he decided to take a break, and it quickly turned to night, and Pearl and Marina had turned on the bright colourful lights and were using some strange looking fireworks...? He wasn't sure if they were fireworks, but it was close enough. He was about to head out but realised he could use a team, so he decided to check who was available.

Luckily for him, there were people available. Marie and Jace had joined the same team and decided to join him. Surprisingly, Olivia had joined them as well. It took some convincing from Callie and Marie, but she eventually agreed. Dan respected her for it, he could tell social situations just weren't her thing, and he was more than happy to help her open up.

The four of them entered the Deca Tower, and headed on over to Wahoo World. The night sky and the bright lights really made the theme park look magnificent, even if it was a bit blinding.

The four of them took off, spreading out to cover turf. Marie and Olivia had clearly played together before, because they knew how to work with each other. Olivia with her N-Zap at close range, while Marie picked off targets from a distance.

Jace was still new to Turf Wars, so he only had the Splattershot Jr. Though it didn't seem to hinder him, with his shots being pretty much dead on. Probably from all the fighting in the Metro.

As for Dan, he was rocking the Splat Dualies. He enjoyed using the dodge roll ability. If used correctly, it can throw off enemies, allowing Dan to quickly finish them off.

Still, despite being relatively competent, the four of them would occasionally be splatted. Just because they're good doesn't mean they can't be splatted. The enemy team put up a good fight that's for sure.

The match eventually concluded, with Dan's team winning by 2.4%. They decided to continue on with a couple more matches, but eventually got tired, so they super jumped back to the Deca Tower and walked out into the Square. As they walked away they could hear the music slowly fade away, and it was replaced with the usual buzz of the city.

Turns out it was pretty late now. While the Splatfest starts at midnight that day, Pearl and Marina don't get on stage until about 9am, they then finish at 9pm. The entire Splatfest then finishes at midnight the next day. In other words, it's a 24 hour Splatfest. With Pearl and Marina performing for 13 hours (with a couple breaks of course, do you know how illegal it would be if they couldn't take a break?).

Dan got a text from Marina a while ago, saying that they were home. Having a small party for the Splatfest, she told Dan to bring everyone over. He happily told everyone and they headed over.

They quickly arrived at Pearl's mansion, they had called a taxi to make sure they would actually make it in time. the party wasn't anything too extreme, just a table with a bunch of food and some music. Most of the food looked pretty normal, but some of it was obviously Inkling food.

The group helped themselves. Dan sat next to Callie, who was talking with Izzy.

Dan: "Hey you two, how was Splatfest?"