Chapter 20 - A New Mission

Author: Short Chapter. You'll see why after reading this.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

5 Weeks Later - Kagmoe's Point of View

I finally got my cast off my leg after our unexpected event that happened last week ago. Then, I got scolded for being a part of it afterward. I was asked by Temari to help out and teach a class of future Genins with weapons. At first, it was normal. Then, a group of bad ninjas kidnapped a student just to lure Gaara to them. They wanted Shukaku and were closed to succeed until we'd defeated them. With the help of our friends of the Leaf Village. Even got the whole class to like Gaara more. However, the girl we've saved seems to like Gaara a little more, and I'm starting to not like it.

I walk on my two good legs to the Anbu Headquarters to confirm that my leg is all better and I can be in missions again. I already knew it was all better last week, and I was going to the hospital after training the students. But like I said, unexpected events and I wanted to help. At least I saw (y/n) again, Gaara got the students to like him, and I don't need to be in bed rest anymore. Once I am halfway to the headquarters, I see Leader Ash in front of me. He is leaning on a light post while smoking a cigarette. For a man who has a badly burn scar on his face, you would think he would be scared of tiny fire and smoke, but apparently not.

He finally noticed my presence, "I see you're free at last," He said to me. "It's all better, right?"

"My bones heal fast, Leader Ash. You already knew that," I said with a smile.

"Ash- Nevermind. I knew you would head straight to Headquarters after your cast is off. Let's have a walk and talk," Leader Ash said, then dropped his cigarette to the ground and crushed it with his foot. We start walking together, "I got a special mission. An allied mission with two Anbus of the Leaf. You and I will be joining them."

"What's the mission?" I ask him.

"Have you ever heard of a group of runaways called The Arcs?" He asks me a question.

I shake my head, "I never went to the academy, remember? Only taught once and never want to do it again."

"They don't teach the history of every criminals there either," He confirms it to me. "This group was in the bingo book until around time you were born. They were a group of rogue ninjas, homeless families, orphans, and runaways-"

"So like us, but criminals." I said.

"Ha, yeah, basically!" He pats my head at my comment. "Anyways, The Arcs made it in the bingo book due to stealing, homicides, and threatened people for trades. Their old hideout was located near Mori Village in this land. The late Kazekage caught them and took care of every single one of them."

His story of The Arcs almost made me sad for a moment. I don't need to ask him about what he meant by 'took care of'. I killed many people to know what he meant. They're all dead. However, I do wonder if these new version of The Arcs are the survived children wanting revenge or a forgotten member who escaped death.

"This New Arcs has been around years later after the end of the old Arcs," Leader Ash continues. "They've been underground in silent. They made some victims look like they've done suicides. However, it's mostly people who were wanted. They still steal what they want, of course, but no threats."

"It sounds like it's not a problem from what I'm hearing. They're only killing bad guys now and stopped the threatening people thing. Just the stealing is in the wrong. Why are we and the other two Anbus of the Hidden Leaf needed in this mission?"

"The Fifth Hokage believes one or more could be working for Orochimaru. Probably the Akatsuki as well," Leader Ash answered my question, which made me stop walking. He stops as well and turns to face me. "These guys are apparently more skilled than the members before them. As well as no longer living in one place. Most likely living all over in the Five Great Nations. As well as adding members, which means some probably works or had worked for Orochimaru."