Chapter 7 - Chunin Exams (part two)

Kagome's Point of View

I'm the first to fight against this (y/n) girl from the Leaf Village for the spot to be in the Chunin Exams. I, along with my team, had already met her and her team since day one. The moment I looked at her, I somehow got the image of Ray. She sounds cold when I hear her talk, especially to the guy with the dog. Her face is emotionless like mine, but she doesn't need a mask to hide her emotion nor pretend to have any like me. Although I showed a nice nature and introduced myself in all friendly, I can tell she doesn't trust me. Probably don't buy my happy girly act.

I recall my uncle's words about wanting me to lose. To be fair, I don't care since I'm already an Anbu which is much advance than Chunin. However, being told to lose on purpose from him makes me sick. It makes me think he doesn't think I'm strong enough rather than telling me to be with they other Sand Shinobis. I have no choice since we are planning an attack and I am needed to look around the village, so I may inform the others. Of course, watch over Gaara during the nights.

"The first match will start now," The coughing ref said. "(y/n) and Kagome, come forth."

I stare at (y/n) in the eyes while she does the same. I can tell she waits for the ref to officially start it and for me to make the first attack. Once again, a vision of my brother shows. I know my uncle said my daddy didn't cheat, but who's to say he doesn't know everything about his life. I could still have a real family.

I wear my smile and giggle, "Say (y/n), you kind of remind me of someone."

"Oh?" She said sounding like she doesn't care.

"Yep!" I said while nodding. "Actually, you remind me of another person too."

"That's nice but-"

"My daddy and brother mostly," I cut her off. "Do you happened to have a loving and caring daddy like I do? Does he happen to have the same jutsu with-" Suddenly, I was cut off by full force of water pushes me. I fall and roll on the ground.

'I must have hit a nerve. Maybe she doesn't know we may or may not have the same daddy?' i thought to myself.

I felt eyes are on me. Yes, everyone is watching the match, but I'm talking about special eyes that I can clearly tell who without looking. Gaara's cold pear of eyes. I get up while coughing out water, but then she made the water go up which made me fly up in the air. Right when I notice she's controlling the water, I quickly shoot out my thin threads of steel wires to grab hold of her whole right hand and upper arm. Making her stop, I land on my feet softly. I look at her carefully at her eyes which are now shining blue. I don't know much about her clan, but based on what I saw, she must have the ability to bend water at her will. Like Gaara can with sand, but the only difference is that she has a kekkei genkai. Very different from mines though. She tries to use her kunai to cut my wires, but obviously fails.

"Sorry, (y/n)-chun," I said with a serious face, but keeping my happy voice. "Nobody can break them. Once I use my wires to hold on to the enemy, my chakra strengthens them."

I tighten the wires a little and ready to use my other spools. Before I can, she continues to bend the water to whip me using her left hand. I dodge every hits from her water whip and refuse to let her right hand go. I start to get a little impatient as I shoot out more of my thin wires from two of my spools at her. She tries to avoid them even while I pull and force her to stop moving. Then she successfully got her water to grab my ankle and pull me to the ground. In seconds, as I try to get up, she jumps up and her leg kick my stomach. I cough in ache and my head lays back. I pretend to be unconscious and let the wires become loose enough for her to be free herself. She gets off me and I hear her walk away.