Chapter 8 - Orders

Night - Kagome's Point of View

Every night. I stayed up every night to watch Gaara. I was always there. He struggles to tame himself. When he couldn't, he slowly kills every night when the moon is full. I kept my distance in case I become one of those unlucky victims. Every night. I watched his victims be crushed into nothing. Everynight. I clean the spatteredr blood so no one would be suspicious and find out. Not like they already have on us, but mostly Gaara. Everyone in the village knows he's dangerous. Every night. I stare at him from afar and feel my heart race more, but not during his rampage. He knows I'm watching him as order.

Here, once again, I'm watching a new victim. This time it's the guy from the Sound Village. Even though we are allied to destroy this village, it seems it doesn't bother him to attack Gaara before the Chunin Exams start. I'm guessing he just wants to fight against Sasuke. Not being able to hear them, I jump close but maintain my distance.

"Wonder which is faster, your sand or my sound?" The guy from the Sound Village said to Gaara.

"When the moon is full..." Gaara said which made the guy confused. "... Its blood boils."

I watch Gaara again. I watch him transform into a semi-monster with sand surrounding him. I watch his new victim frozen in fear. Then hear his last scream for his life until he stops. Dead on the damaged rooftop which I will have to fix and cover-up. As well as hide the body or make it more suicidal. Then again, I hope it didn't ruin our alliance with the Sound. I wait for Gaara to calm down first before I do what I must do.

Next Morning

Every morning. I did what Uncle Baki ordered. I walked around the village for more weak points, hidden entrances for our men to sneak in, and even tunnels. Every morning. I found more of them and even the village's hideout where they keep all villagers for safety during wars. I didn't bother to tell Uncle Baki that. I thought it would be better to let the children and families live. Every morning. I walk past place after place with people talking about the murders that happened and rather it was actual suicide or not.

However, this morning people are talking about the exam ref guy. He was killed by my uncle last night after Gaara killed that Sound Guy. Sadly, Uncle Baki didn't bother to clean up his messes nor told me that I was responsible for his murderous rampage as well. It was too late anyway. However, I found myself giving more reasons to leave the hotel. Which is to have mornings to myself while Termari and Kankuro watch over Gaara. Away from them and my uncle. 

Days Later

"(y/n)-chun! Can you believe you're going to the finals?" I brightly ask and she nods.

I've been spending time with (y/n) for almost two weeks. I thought it would seem less suspicious for a non-Leaf villager to walk and look around with someone who lives here instead of by myself. I asked her many places to take me to find more locations for the others outside the village. Of course, to her, she doesn't think it's in any wrong. I thought she would be busy training, but she seems to not want to. Maybe she's that stronger than I thought. If I have to put on a real fight against her, I would see how strong she is. However, these past few days, it's been nice to be with someone who is a friend. However, I would have to find her since she doesn't bother to spend time looking for me. Is this what a rude friend is?

"Are you planning to spend the night at my home again?" (y/n) asks me. "I'm only asking because my brother's girlfriend, Alice, wanted to see if she needs to cook extra food."

"Not tonight, but tomorrow I totally will!" I happily answer. "I can't wait to see you go up against Termari-chan! You both are so strong that I can't choose who to cheer for!"