Chapter 25 - Reunited Friends

Author: Please Also read My Long Journey as a Shinobi (and to his heart) if you want to know who the female Akatsuki is!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Kagome!" I hear my uncle's voice.

"Uncle Baki..." I said. After a few minutes of crying and trying to feel my body again, the rescue team finally shows up. Baki kneels down and lifts me up half way.

"Are you okay? What happened?" He asks me.

"I'm fine. I was hit repeatedly on the ground a lot and one of them paralyzed me. Not permanently since I'm starting to feel my legs." I answer him. "There were two other members. Another man and female."

"Okay," Baki carries me up on his back. "We need to hurry. Kankuro and the others are already following them. What jutsu does the other two use-"

We hear a sudden explosion that's coming from the entrance. We quickly hurry to see if the enemies are still there. Once all of made it, the entrance is blocked. it's clear the enemies were not here when the explosion went off. However, they were the ones who set the trap to stop us from following them and Kankuro and his team are the first to get caught in it.

"Do you think Kankuro and the other were caught in the trap?" One of the jounin ask.

"No. I can't believe it." Baki said.

I hold on to him tight. There is no sounds of movement or breathing which scares me. I don't want to believe Kankuro is also gone from my life. I don't want it to be true. Before I could give myself a chance to cry and panic, I wait. I wait for a sign he and his men are alive, but mostly him. Soon enough, my prayers have been answer. The rocks shake and we back away knowing it will collapse. Then Kankuro with two shinobis on his sides came out.

"Kankuro!" I shouted. "Are you alright?"

"I'm fine, Kagome." He answers me. He lays the men down gently. "I was only able to save two of them. These man need medical attention! Hurry!"

"Wait!" Baki stops Kankuro. "What are you going to do?"

"What do you think?! I'm gonna bring Gaara back!" Kankuro answers him.

"Are you insane? Didn't you see what he did to Gaara? Do you really think you stand a chance alone?" Baki said.

"What are you suggesting? That we just let him go?!" Kankuro shouts.

"No, of course not! We'll find out where his based is. Then assemble a large fully equipped squad!" Baki explains his suggestion, but it only angers Kankuro.

"It's no use." Kankuro mumbles.

"Then I'll go with you!" I push myself off Baki and jump next to Kankuro. I turn to look down at Baki. "We need to get him back! There's no time to wait!"

"Kagome! You're still not allow to go out in any missions! Not mention I just found you on the ground injured." Baki reminds me.

"That's the Kazekage's orders and he's not here to tell me not to go." I said to him. "Besides, believe me when I said before all this happened! I'm fine now and ready to fight!"

"I don't have a problem with this." Kankuro said. "Now there's two who are going after them. Just get your large team ready while we're gone."

Baki thinks for a moment before he speaks, "Very well. Go on and follow them, but you both are not to engage!"

"We'll try, but no promises." Kankuro said and we set off to save Gaara.

Hours Later