Chapter 27 - Jealous (part one)

Kagome's Point of View - A Week After the Akatsuki Attack

"Kagome!" I hear someone called my name as I walk out of the Anbu Black Ops. Headquarters. I turn to see Nobi. One of the Anbu members who had joined longer than I have. "I heard you did a good job leading your mission. It's great to have you back."

"Thank you, Nobi Senpai. It really is good to be back." I said to him.

Nobi was good friends with Ash. He and I don't talk much unless we're on missions together. I did thought he was a monster with his big muscles, looking angry a lot, and side hairs pointing out, but I later on got used to him. He was probably one of the people who ratted me out about my problems to Gaara, too.

"Good to hear. You're heading to the Kazekage now, right?" He asks, and I nod. Then, he holds out a file. "You won't mind giving him my report from my mission?"

"No problem. I'll do it." I said, taking his file.

"Thanks. Be careful on your way there." He warns me.

"Careful? From what?" I ask him.

"Since after the Kazekage returned, a lot of people noticed him in a more loving way."

"So? People finally see him as a great Kazekage now." I said.

"It's mostly young females. A fan club of them." He explains. "Girls wanting to be inside the Kazekage building, sending him baskets, love letters, and screaming for his attention. It's night now, so all of them are probably out like a light, but some probably are wondering around since the Kazekage doesn't sleep."

"Oh? Well, I'm sure I'll be fine. Goodnight, Nobi senpai!" I said with a calming smile on the outside. However, a pit of rage grows inside me.

Two Weeks Later

The village has been in peace weeks after the Akatsuki events. Gaara has been popular and admired by every villagers, Jounins, Genins, and all. For a week, it didn't bother me until I was told the admiring part was mostly from girls. I didn't realize it during that week because I was back on my Anbu missions. For two week, my eyes are open now while I stay by Gaara's side to protect him from them. Every girl had screamed Gaara's name, given him gifts, and creepy had their eyes shape into hearts somehow. They'd also been trying to see him by asking for missions or returning from a mission. I had to force them to out if they refused. Not to mention, stop them from sneak attack with their love. And they said being an Anbu is hell. Having other girls in the village who are crushing on Gaara is a lot more hell.

What's worse, I start to think Gaara enjoys it. It makes me so angry that he enjoys girls fallen for him. Yet, he does nothing about it like he had developed a heartbreaker playboy type of personality. He noticed them coming after him, and he walked off like he's already used to it. It angers me more that I can't actually be alone with him even when we are alone in his office or taking a walk in the village.

"Kagome!" I hear Uncle Baki's voice that made me break my thoughts. I realized now that I was burning my small breakfast as flames appeared.

'S***! This is the fifth time!'

I removed the pan from the stove and threw it into the sink filled with water. After the flames are gone, I now see my once white egg omelet is now black and ashy. I sigh in relief and lightly smile at my uncle, "S-Sorry, uncle. I was still tired from yesterday from watching over Gaara. Do we still have more of the healthy breakfast bars?"

"No, I had the last one." He answers. "Just drink some tea and eat what fruit we have left. I'll buy more and dinner."

"I can cook dinner. I've discovered a new recipe -"