Chapter 36 - Illusion

Kagome's Point of View

A lot is happening. The war went out of control every time we thought it'll get easier or prey that it would. Many lives were easily taken. Especially Naruto, Sasuke, and even (y/n). It's too much to even try to summarize it. The author doesn't want to since she knows everyone watched the anime. Whatever that means. I'll just get straight to the point.

"Huh? Gaara? Lee?" I call their names, but they're not responding.

A sudden bright light appeared out of nowhere. I thought it was nothing. Well, not nothing. I know this is Madera's doing, and Team 7 must have failed. But anyway, that "nothing" turns out to be incredibly something horrible. Gaara, Lee, and even Guy Sensei eyes have the Rinnegan. I shook them and called their names, but there were no responses. Under a powerful Genjutsu.

"Oh, Gaara-sama..." I said while trying to hold back my sadness. "Why am I not effected by it-"

I was cut off when a large tree came out and sprayed out its branches. It soon starts to wrap Lee and Guy Sensei up completely. It soon starts to wrap Gaara up.

"No! Gaara-sama!" I shout while trying to pull off the wraps off him. But more kept coming, and it was too late. "Noo! Gaara-sama! Gaara-"

The branch wraps tries to come after me next. I dodge them and start running away. Not for my life, but towards the source. Where Madera and the others are. While I run, my head turns to look at the wrapped up Gaara. I could only prey that he'll be free. Tears fall from my face as I turn away from him. After continuously dodging the tree branches, I spot Team 7 instantly, which they are inside a purple barrier. Sasuke's Susano, to be specific. I run close enough for them to see me.

"Kagome?" (Y/n) said from inside the Susano. "How are you not under Madara's genjutsu?"

"I..." I take a moment to understand myself. I look up at the light just to see if I have a delayed reaction. However, it's not the case. "I don't know..."

"At least you're okay," (y/n) said before she turns to Sasuke. "Sasuke, can Kagome come through your-"

"It's because the blood of Ōtsutsuki Kaguya runs in your blood," I turn to look at the Black Zetsus, who is still taking over Obito's body. "The Kaguya Clan was a way to continue the legacy of Ōtsutsuki Kaguya."

"Legacy?" I repeated him.

"I think I rather show you instead of telling you," Black Zetsu said, and his hand.

The next thing I knew it, his arms stretched out and grabbed me whole. I try to break out while he pulls me closer to him. Turning on my Shikotsumyaku and bones pops out from my ribs to escape from him. But while doing that, his arm melts all over my body. The black melts even made my bones on my ribs hurt as well as my whole body. I feel myself being sucked deep in it. But more importantly, I feel my chakra being sucked.

"A half Kaguya... I'm disappointed a full blood is not present but a half blood with the Shikotsumyaku will do," Black Zetsu said. "Your body is enough for mother to use."

My heart thumbs. I hear a faint scream of my name. Then everything turns black.

1st Illusion

"Okay, now let's introduce ourselves," I hear Kakashi Sensei said. "I'm Hatake Kakashi. I like whatever. I dislike whatever. I don't have any dreams at the moment."

I widen my eyes after his words. I looked around to see (y/n)'s team when they were Genins. I see a happy Naruto and Sakura. I also see a moody Sasuke and their sensei. However, I don't see (y/n), which I am concerned about.