Chapter 2 - Anbu

Author: Sorry if the fan art photo is too small!!! :(

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Two Years After the One-Tail Demon Attacked

It's been two years since the last time I had seen my family. Mommy and daddy died trying to protect this village and the people in it. Ray also died trying to do the same thing. How did I know that? Someone saw him trying to fight the beast and then died right after that. When my Uncle Baki told me what happened to them, I didn't want to believe him. I cried for weeks knowing I can never see them again.

I started living with Uncle Baki since then. Sadly, he doesn't know how to take care of me much. He doesn't know much about my mommy's clan, so he couldn't teach me how to use my Shikotsumyaku. That's if he even has any time to train me on anything else. Even when he does, which are the only times I see him, he wouldn't allow me to use my Shikotsumyaku because of how I hurt my bones every time. When my bones start hurting me more, he asks Lady Chiyo to come over to heal me. After that, he disappears again. Baki doesn't come home much because he's always busy with missions and council meetings. I would either be eating alone at home or with The Honorable Siblings, Lady Chiyo, and Master Eibzo. Maybe it's because Baki needed someone to take care of me, so he won't be worried or just doesn't care for me anymore. School is still not an opinion for me to go to. He thought it would be best to not go. However, I never got a clear answer why I still couldn't go. I assume because my bones are still growing and weak. Or maybe he doesn't think I'm strong enough. Either way, it makes me sad that I couldn't make any friends.

"Kagome, your food is getting cold," Lady Chiyo said breaking all my thoughts.

"Sorry, Lady Chyio..." I said but couldn't bother to eat.

"You know, your mother and father won't approve that their daughter isn't eating," Ebizo said to me. "That's why you're weaker in training."

"Uncle Baki told you about my training?" I ask him.

"Of course, he did. He also told sis too that you have a rare kekkei genkai that nobody in the world has. It must be difficult for such a small girl to control."

"Did mommy ever tell you both what jutsu she uses for her Shikotsumyaku? Mommy told me to keep training so my body won't hurt after using it. Maybe I can-"

"No, and it's probably best you never use it again!" Lady Chiyo cuts me off.

"Now, sis-"

"Oh, shut up, Ebizo! You know it's from the best. Plus, the Shikotsumyaku is disturbing to witness in battle."

"What? Why?" I ask her confused, but not shocked that Baki must've told her.

"Once you grow, you'll understand," Lady Chiyo didn't give me a clear answer.

"Sis-" Ebizo starts off.

"She will, you idiot!" Lady Chiyo shouts. "Her being half Kaguya is already worse enough in The Sand Village. Kou went straight to being an Anbu just to be accepted and yet it didn't work. Like it would work from the beginning. Besides, Kagome is fine training with her stupid uncle. She doesn't need to be in the academy where she'll be a target weak bug from other villages or a dangerous target to this village. As I said, she'll understand-"

"Well, I won't! I don't understand anything!" I shout at her before running out of their home angry.

Tears fell out of my eyes while running. I want to run to my home. My real home. Where mommy would be cooking my favorite foods. Ray doing his homework for his class and shows me what he's learning. Daddy comes home and hugs me tight because he misses me so much. However, I know I couldn't have that again. No matter how many times I begged, it will never come true. They will never come back to me. From all the running, I ended up tripping over and fell onto the ground. I cry on the sand wanting my mommy to hold me, but I remind myself that she cannot answer my cries. It's dark out and cold outside, so no one is outside to help me either. Not like I want them to. I don't know what to do anymore. I feel so alone, abandon, and have no family. Not even an uncle who could tell me all will be alright and spends all his time with me. No special training for my Shikotsumyaku. Not even friends. Nothing at all.