Chapter 41 - Love

Author: Credit to Hvostik & Kobayashisoul DV

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Next Night - Kagome's Point of View

My eyes slowly open to see the ceiling and light of the moon from my window. My head hurts from drinking, and my side stinks a little. While rubbing my eyes, I slowly start to remember what happened. I was drinking with Natsu. We were talking about my problems. Then I ran out to beat up the bastards who blew up the building. May have gone far and called them the council's name and how much trash they are. Lastly, I saw Gaara before I was suddenly stabbed.

'Wait, Gaara-sama!?' I thought to myself before I get up from the bed.

"You're awake," I hear familiar voice in bed next to me. I turn to my left to see Gaara.

My eyes quickly start to water, "Gaara-sama..." I said while trying not to cry.

"Lay back down," Gaara said to me, and I slowly obeyed. I lay on my side, and Gaara does the same. We both face each other and lock eyes. "How do you feel?"

"Better," I answer him. "(y/n) is really good at healing-"

"As much as I'm relieved about your physical health, I meant your feelings," Gaara explains."Our hiding our relationship. The elder council members disapproving you. Leaving me due to a false belief, I'll be better off without you. How do you truly feel?"

I stay silent for a moment. Everything hurts, and I'm not talking about my side. Hiding my love for Gaara hurts. Hearing I'm not the village's ideal type for Gaara hurts. Leaving Gaara hurts. Letting the council break my pride hurts. Just looking at Gaara hurts. Having him here after I left him hurts more. Knowing I hurt him hurts as well.

"It hurts...! Everything hurts...!" I admit my feelings. My shut tight while tears fell down. Gaara slowly moves closer to me and wraps his arm around me. "I understand hiding me to protect you is one reason, but having the council to not accept us is wrong. I understand I'm a little crazy at times but-"

"You're not crazy. You're not insane, mad, psycho, unstable, and a nutjob. Any words with a synonym to those words I had said are not true about you. Don't listen to them. I'm truly sorry to not tell you the other reason and to go along to it. I believed you were alright with the arrangement instead of really knowing what you truly wanted. I am also sorry for that as well."

"Gaara-sama..." I said his name with a small smile about to form, but stop it quick. I gently push away a little to see his face. "I left a month ago... Why are you here?"

"I came for you," He answers my question. "I would've come get you a month ago since; 1. You left the village without permission, which would've made you a rogue ninja. And 2. You told me to move on from you by letter. But Kankuro stopped me and said that it's what you wanted. Some space, time to think, and away from me..." My face saddens, and I look down away from his face. Gaara gently takes my hand and places it on his heart. "After that, I couldn't take it. My heart has been hurting day and night. I came because I miss you and I want you to return with me."

"Well, I can't... I can't just come back and pretend nothing happened. If you decide not to marry, great on you. However, we'll still be in an unhappy secret relationship-"

"I am getting married," Gaara once again interrupts me, but with shocking news.

"WHAT THE F***?!" I sit up from my bed and scream out at him in so much rage. "YOU REALLY CAME HERE WITH YOUR WHOLE MISSING ME C*** AND WANTING ME BACK TO THAT S*** HOME WITH MOTHER F****** JUST TO TELL ME THAT BULL**** ARRANGE MARRIAGE MEETING F****** WORK--"