Chapter 37 - Peace

After Naruto and Sasuke Freed Everyone - Gaara's Point of View

"Ahhh...." Gaara groans as if his life was suck out of him again. I look over to Lee, "Are you alright, Lee?"

"I am fine, but that was..." Lee didn't finish his sentence.

I couldn't think of what to say of what we just experienced, either. Lee, Kagome, and I were waiting here with Guy Sensei, who needs medical attention, but seems fine thanks to Naruto and saw Madera completing his goal from afar. Next, a bright light appeared as if the sun came up early. Both Lee and I were stuck in a powerful, unresitiable genjutsu to where we couldn't move or break free from. I see myself being wrapped and into a new world. A better world of my desires. The world I wanted. I was with my father, mother, and siblings. Happily together and full of love. I even have visits of Naruto and Kagome, and we would play around today like little kids do when with friends.

"Huh? Where's Kagome?" I hear Lee ask a question.

My eyes widen once I remember Kagome is absent. I look around the area to see her figure popping out, but nothing. I thought Kagome was taken in the genjutsu with us, but if she was, she would be with us. A slight panic has made its way to me as I gather my sand and fly up.

"Lee! I'm going to search for her! I'll be back!" I shout out as I flew away from him.

I look below me to find Kagome. I couldn't find her with in the crowds of people for long minutes. It sadly only makes me worried and fear of a thought to lose her. After another few minutes, I finally found her. Far off of the edge with (y/n) and a woman with purple-ish blue hair. However, my eyes don't see Kagome standing next to them with smiles and laughter. They only see her laying down motionless.

'Please be alright. Please be alright.' I repeat in my thoughts.

I smoothly flew down in front of the girls. Once my feet are on the ground, I rush to kneel down to Kagome's side. I scan her for any stabs. There's none. I look at her face. She looks as if she's asleep peacefully, but it doesn't tell me if she is dead or not. My body lends down and presses my ears against her chest to find a heartbeat. It's beating slow but normal. I get back up to look at (y/n).

"Is she alright?" I ask her.

"She is... I assume..." (y/n) answers, which doesn't pleases me at most.

"What do you mean by 'assume'? What happened? How did she get here from where Lee and I were?" I ask her more questions.

"It was Ōtsutsuki Kaguya fault," (y/n) answers. "It was her Black Zetsu that tricked Madera into bringing her back by being the Ten Tails. However, they needed a Kaguya with the Shikotsumyaku. During the process of getting everyone under a genjutsu and sucking out all of you guys' chakras, Kagome was the only one, besides the reanimated Hokages and my team, who weren't affected by it. She came to where my team were and that's where the Black Zetsu took her for Kaguya's body. We stopped her and saved Kagome, but she hasn't woken up since."

My heart thumps heavily before it drops. I'm in shock. Speechless. I need to do something to get her to wake up. But what can I do?

"We believe she may be in a deep sleep due to the genjutsu or something more since she was a last-minute sudeen second vessel," the woman with the purple-ish blue hair said.

"Who are you?" I ask her until I remember who she could be. "Are you Touka? The woman Kagome mentioned before?"

"Yes," Touka answers. "I may have a way to help her. There's a place that can help treat people wake up from impossible genjutsu or even comas. It's where one of the locations The Arcs are hiding."