Chapter 16

Normal POV

     "Nuh..." I groaned, slowly opening my eyes. I was greeted by a familiar face staring down at me, relieved and PO'ed. "Ty!" I yelped happily, hugging him.

     "Where the heck were you, Samantha?" Ty snapped. "I searched all of the buildings on campus, and I had given up hope that you were ok when Jordan found you in that alley. What were you doing there!?" I frowned and tried to remember, but I was blank. The last thing that I can remember was what Felix said...

     I started crying into Ty's shoulder. "I-I can't remember!" I sobbed. "And I have to leave in a week, but I can't remember anything past that!"

     "Hey, it- it could've been worse. And besides, your ears are gone, so-"

     "What!?" I squawked. I felt the top of my head, not detecting any fur. I stared at Ty with a look of defeat. "I've had those ears ever since I was a toddler. They can't just disappear!"

     "... It'll be ok. Besides, we can still see each other when you move. I heard that Amy and Taylor want to introduce you to a few new friends. Something like... Wildstar, and... Ashlyn."

     "But I don't want to leave you." I admitted. "We'll hardly see each other if we're at different colleges, and only at parties like the other day."

     "But if we care about each other enough, then it'll be ok."

     "How- how much do you care about me?" I stammered. He sat still for a moment before leaning forward and kissing me.

     "I love you." He said as he pulled back. I hugged him again.

     "I love you too." I whispered. Those words made me feel warm inside.

     "Y-your ears are back." He pulled back, looking surprised. I felt my head. Sure enough, they were back.

     "H-how?" I stammered. Ty shrugged.

     "Dunno. Just be grateful they're back." He patted my head and got up from off the small bed. "C'mon. Adam actually cooked something edible." I gaped at him with mock surprise.

     "Wha? Adam can actually cook?" I exclaimed. Ty chuckled as he opened the door.

     "I know right? That's how I felt." I got up and followed him downstairs to a fascinating smell of food.

     "CHICK-AN!" I shouted, making Adam fall off the couch.

     "Geez, even when you've just woke up you're hyper." he groaned, rubbing the back of his head as he climbed back up on the couch. I darted past Ty and grabbed a chicken leg, running off with it and munching on it as Ty laughed. "Umm...?" Adam mumbled as I crouched beside him, gnawing on the juicy meat. I looked up at him from the clean bone.

     "Yesh?" I questioned. He opened his mouth to say something, only to shake his head and pat my head. I realized that my ears had disappeared again. What is going on?