Chapter 29

I was messing with my phone, lying down next to Wildstar, who had her head resting on her hands. She told me that it was some dream about The Kings, someone named Alduin... My phone ringing made Wildstar jump in surprise. "Ah, my phone." I assured her, picking it up as she gave me an incredulous like look. I decided to ignore it as I answered the phone.

"E-yellow!?" I called out gleefully.

"Hey, open your door."

"And why would I do dat, Ian?" I slowly picked myself up away from my spot and wandered over to the door.

"Cause I have something for you."

"Is it a prank?" I asked through the door, hanging up. I opened it.

"Nawp." Ian handed me a small bag from H. E. B. I peeked in it.

"Alright, food is the ticket to entrance." I admitted, covering the chicken and stepping to the side to let Ian in. He peered up above the door frame before entering, probably to check that I wasn't in a trolly mood. I shook my head in mock despair before shutting the door behind him.

"Ya know, your place ain't too bad." He decided, checking out the living room as I set the chicken on the table.

"Wildstar, get yo tired tail feathers in here!" I called out, grabbing a few plates. She was there in a blink.

"Meat..." She murmured, grabbing a thigh and ignoring the plates. She darted past Ian and nommed down on the meat as we both stared at her in confusion. She was already almost done with the thigh when I shook myself, grabbing four legs (chicken) and joining her in her gorging. Ian gave me a "What the freak is going on here?" Look. I looked up at him and smirked.

"If you wanna join us..." He walked over to the delicious chicken, grabbing a couple wings and sitting on the counter away from us, resulting in us laughing at him as he wolfed down the food.