Chapter 30

"Hmm." I murmured, turning over, only to fall to the floor. "... Ouch." I muttered, getting up in the darkness. I looked up and noticed that Wildstar was missing again. "Well then." I murmured, straightening up. I looked over at the mirror to see me. I closed my eyes, night dreaming about my cat half. Is it possible that I could summon my cat half on my will?

I waited for a moment, then twitched my ears. I opened my eyes to see my soft grey furry ears, flickering on the top of my head. I softly gasped. It worked. I closed my eyes again to meditate on becoming a cat. I peeked through my eyelids. I was truly a lot shorter. I heard the door downstairs open, making me panic. I quickly went back to normal height before the door opened. I acted normal and folded my arms across my chest as Wildstar peeked in.

"Oh great." She muttered. "You're probably gonna ask where I've been..."

"... No." I admitted, sitting down on the bed. "No I'm not. I just think that these... Night walks, are what cause these nightmares."

"Oh, uh, yeah." I could tell she was relieved. "So, I'm just gonna, uh... Night I guess." I brushed past her.

"I need some fresh air, I'll be back in a bit." I gently shut the door behind me and ran passed a few dorms before bursting out of the building. I sighed in the clear night oxygen. Air... I glanced up at the full moon, breathing in the fresh air. The night is so beautiful...

I closed my eyes and turned into a cat again. I let out a mrow and decided to take a walk. I flicked my tail as I padded around the University. I'm curious to see why Wildstar goes on her night strolls...

A flapping sound made me look up to see a shape with wings flying above me. It looked like a... Nah, it can't be a dragon... Could it?