Chapter 22

I felt really strange as my conscience drifted awake. I don't know how, but something was... off.

    "Mroowww." I groaned, slowly opening my eyes. Why am I curled up on the floor? I looked over to the human sized mirror, to see-

     "MROW!" I hissed, jumping back in surprise. I was a cat. A grey, fluffy cat. What? I slowly crept over to the mirror, lifting my paw and feeling my cheek. I nipped my paw to make sure this wasn't a dream. My ears instantly flattened as a bead of red showed up on the fur. Then I heard footsteps up the stairs, which made me panic. No one can see me like this, I need to find a way to get to normal...

     "Samantha? Did you smuggle a cat in here again?" Amy opened the door and peered in before I could hide. I sprinted past her feet and darted down the stairs, dodging Nathan and bursting out of the door. I sprinted out of the entire University and finally stopped running, panting for breath. I sat back on my haunches, struggling to find the cause of this. Did my cat half finally take over?

     "Aw, a cat!" A familiar voice jerked me out of my thoughts as I was picked up. I struggled vainly. "Hey, calm down cat, I'm not gonna hurt you." Adam soothed. "I have a friend who is crazy about cats." I slowly looked up at him, my ears flattening.

     "Mrow?" I tried to talk, but all that came out verbally was cat noises to him, and "Adam?" to me. I took a quick opportunity and lept out of his grip, running away into an alley. I tried to sigh, but all that came out was a weird purr mix growl. How am I going to turn normal? i noticed a mouse dart away at the edge of my vision. My cat instincts took over, and I hared after it, managing to snag its tail and end its life. I took a sniff to make sure it wasn't poisoned or anything before taking a bite out of it. Suddenly, my vision blasted white then black, and I passed out.

     "...antha... Sam... Samantha!"

     "Huh?" I blinked my eyes open to see Adam's concerned face hovering above me.

     "You ok? I was chasing a cat here and found you passed out." He explained. He helped me up to my feet as I rubbed my eyes. I feel like I just had a crazy dream about turning into a cat, heh heh,

     Wait...

     Did that just happen?