Chapter 26

Wildstar's POV (I keep true to my word)

    I glanced back at the silent University, little lights on. I need to speak with my nest mates. I haven't seem them since I moved here. I turned around and slowly morphed into my dragon form. I let out a roar as I hurled myself into a run. As the trees zoomed past me, I heard a gentle flapping sound above me. I looked up to see Killer.

     "Greetings, Wildstar." The DeathWing tipped his head.

     "Greetings, Killer." I replied. We both halted at a rocky out cliff next to two other dragons.

     "Hey you two!" EnderCrystal called out. "You made it!"

     "Well, I don't get to see you guys very often, so of course." I replied. "Even if you guys are a pain in the tail sometimes, you're all still my friends."

     "Hey!" FrostBite protested. We all just snorted at her.

     "Aww, come on. You know I'm just teasing." I tapped her shoulder with my tail. FrostBite pounced on me, and we all got into a playful quarrel.

     "It's almost sunhigh." Killer announced. I looked up to see the pink light.

     "Then that means I gotta go. Bye guys!" I nuzzled them before I launched into an amble. No one should miss me, since it's still very early for humans to wake up.

Samantha's POV

     I found myself awake in the dark, hearing the morning birds already chirping.

     "Ugh." I groaned, rolling over, only to fall off of the lower bed of the bunk beds. I stared at the ceiling, realizing that something was missing.

     "What is Wildstar up to?" I asked to myself, picking myself up off of the floor. I stumbled sleepily downstairs, seeing no one else awake. I heard some sort of thundering sound outside, so I peered out the window. Nothing. The knob clattered as it turned, so i hid under the couch. I crawled forward to where I could see. Wildstar glanced around, almost guiltily, as she darted up the stairs. Shoot, she's gonna see that I'm missing! I panicked. I dragged myself out from under the couch and sprinted to the door, quietly opening and closing it. I ran past a few dorm rooms before leaning against the wall, panting.

     What was she doing outside?