Chapter 31

I turned back into my human form when the dragon let out a screech and dived down. I narrowly rolled out of the way when it landed next to me. It roared and narrowed its eyes at me, growling. I backed up a few steps, my eyes widening when a black dragon landed next to the first dragon.

"Killer, what do you think you're doing!?" The black dragon snarled.

"What do you think I'm doing!?" Killer hissed. "She already saw me, so you know what. Don't you dare question me!" I just looked confusedly at the two.

"H-how can you... Talk?" I stammered. Killer snorted, pawing the ground.

"You see, EnderCrystal? Insolent questions." He snarled. He glared at EnderCrystal before flapping his wings and taking off. EnderCrystal gave me a knowing look before following. I gaped at them as they disappeared behind the top of the tree canopy. Then I finally responded.

"WHAT JUST HAPPENED!?"

Lily's POV

I put a wing up to my small ears as the mortal started trudging to the University. Heh, she never expected that. Lucky EnderCrystal was there when Killer approached Samantha. I jumped off of the small limb of the tree and flapped after her, barely managing to land in her hoodie. I lashed my tail as the door closed behind Samantha. LOL, humans are stupid sometimes.

At the last second I lept out of her hoodie, landing neatly on the ground as the door shut behind her. I slowly turned to a different shape, my black hair falling in front of my face. I pushed it out of the way and stood up in my mortal form. I am Lily Monica.