Chap. 20

The executives gathered around the meeting room once again. Eli chose a seat slightly further away from Aesop, but the male didn't blame Eli for it, nor did he question it. Once he made sure everyone had arrived, he cleared his throat and begun. The requiem twins had probably contributed the most since they agreed to working overtime, but refused any higher pay.

"Whether is it just being modest or not, it's still our job and responsibility to make sure the armory is safe along with the people within the building."

Bi'An had said after the meeting. He left with his brother after that to have a talk with their guards and plan out the shifts. Eli immediately left without a word to his office and the finance executives both went back to start planning the expenses required for everyone. Aesop was the only one remaining in the meeting room, staring at the plans.

He'd never thought there would be traitors, or that he would need to take these measures just to make sure. The thought that there were traitors in the corporate hurt to know, but then again, the moment he took up his father's place, he had already known there wasn't much peace. He yawned and stretched, letting out a loud groan.

He really needed some good rest.

It felt lonely driving back home that night with nobody in the passenger seat beside him. Even having a shower felt a little lonely as he stared up at the ceiling. He longed for Eli to be right beside him, but he didn't know how to express his feelings for the other male.

Isn't it weird that a male has dreams like this about another male?

Not with the way he thinks, as well as the current issue of break-ins being all that Eli can focus on these days. It was the weekend soon, he could get a break from all that work. As he pulled in, both Samoyeds rushed up to the car to greet him, fur flying everywhere. He smiled a little as he gave them pats, not bothering that the fur was sticking onto his coat. His maid took his briefcase up to his office and retreated back to the kitchen as Aesop sat on the couch in the living room.

The extravagant, white leather couch welcomed him as he walked through the hallway leading to the living room. The dark, orangey light made him feel sleepy as he stared at the ceiling. A delicious smell wafted from the kitchen all the way into the living room, empowering him to go see what they were making. He walked in without any of them noticing and snuck up behind one of the new maids.

'Whatcha cookin?"

"KYAA!"

Aesop couldn't help but chuckle as the maid tried to compose herself and gave a shaky curtsy.

"I-I'm making Burgundy beef stew...I heard it was one of your favourites, sir?"

"Indeed it is. The tender meat and vegetables soaked in all that flavour. Truly delicious. You should save some for yourself later."

"Th-thank you sir."

Aesop walked out and went back to the living room. He looked around, frowning. The home was built to his grandparents' taste, which made it quite dull. He would have it re-designed when he had the time, but that would be after the whole case was settled. The marble could stay, but the positioning of the furniture had to change. With that decided, he went to the kitchen, where the maids had started serving the food.

He finished his dinner and dropped the dishes into the dishwasher. The Samoyeds had retreated in as the clouds above rumbled angrily. They lay in the living room, staring at each other. Aesop sat behind one of them, stroking their thick fur and thinking. Specifically, thinking of ways he could express his feelings to Eli. It seemed impossible to convince Eli.

Frustrating.

He grabbed one of the Samoyeds by the face and looked into its eyes.

"Do you think he will accept me?"

The dog looked at him, tail wagging behind him as it let out a woof. Aesop sighed and let go. What would the dog know, all they do is play around, leave fur everywhere and be ground clouds. Feeling bored, he went up to his small reading room and sat in the old chair. The smell of books was lovely, but the lighting of the room made it hard to stay awake or read. The place was definitely in need a fix-up, whether his parents approved or not. He didn't like the way the estate was situated in the middle of nowhere with no easy access to anything.

Once all this is over, he would demolish this estate, and he would move into a new one. Perhaps buy a few...He thought as he thumbed the old pages of the book he held. After that, he would start with convincing Eli.

He would give anything to be with the executive. Even if Eli didn't feel the same way, he wanted Eli to know that it doesn't matter what others think.