Chap. 52

Eli finished playing the last note of the music sheet and looked over at Aesop, who had his eyes closed. For a moment he thought Aesop had fallen asleep, but then he clapped his hands and smiled.

"You've improved a lot!"

Eli beamed at the praise, face flushing slightly. Aesop gave him a peck on the lips before shuffling the notes in his hands.

"Should we try a new music sheet?"

Eli nodded as Aesop pulled out a few more sheets of paper. He had been practising the whole day since the afternoon after lunch, and had gotten much better at it. The living room was cold from the air conditioners and the cool breeze from outside. The Samoyeds were also lounging inside while being pampered by the maids. Aesop said he'd bring Eli out for dinner, so the maids didn't have to cook. They simply stayed around, cleaning the house earlier and playing with the dogs for a bit.

"We should probably go get prepared first."

Aesop said, glancing over at Eli. The other male shrugged and gathered the notes. They both went up to the bathroom, where they'd become accustomed to showering together. Though, every now and then Eli would get embarrassed and cover his face. It became a custom for Aesop to pamper Eli when they showered, and every time Eli enjoys it.

"Here, wear this."

Aesop handed Eli a white suit. The other male slipped it on and moved around a bit. It fits surprisingly nice, not loose like how Aesop's clothes normally fit. He looked over at Aesop, who shrugged.

"Maybe I had a few of my shirts tailored to fit you better~"

"Aesop I can buy my own clothes you know?"

"Yea, but I feel like spoiling you."

Eli huffed as he slipped the tie around his neck. Aesop had a matching outfit, but a black suit. The maids bowed as they exited the house and got into Aesop's car. Eli sighed as the leathery scent filled his nose once again. They went out into the city, zigzagging through the busy traffic. At the same time, Aesop drove past the office building, one that was now getting patched up from bomb damages. Eli couldn't help but smile as he saw crates of materials being moved around outside. Aesop noticed.

"We'll get our revenge Eli... One day we will."

Eli said nothing, but placed his hand on top of Aesop's.

-----------------------------------------------------------

"Do I really have to dress fancy?"

Naib whined as Norton tossed a suit at him through the door.

"Yes yes now go get dressed. Sheesh..."

Naib groaned again and stumbled back into his room. Norton rubbed his face with his hands hard. He'd only agreed to come to Naib's house to help sort some clothes for him, not see the shirtless mercenary walking about shamelessly. He whipped out his phone and sent a text to Jack.

"Yo, you missing out a lot yknow?"

"Whatdyu mean?"

"He keeps walking around with a shirt. I can't take this man."

"Dang."

"I know it's like, hey he's got a lot of scars though...

Jack?

Dude you there?"

"Campbell I'm driving and I don't think people knowing that I crashed imagining a half-naked Naib is a pleasant thing."

"Alright alright I'll leave you be. Don't forget about us and drive off on your own."

Naib emerged from his room again in the suit that Norton had tossed at him. He was yanking at the collar, clearly uncomfortable. Norton reached over and loosened the buttons slightly so Naib wouldn't suffocate. His hand lingered slightly on Naib's chest before he scratched his head slightly.

"Is this better?"

Naib nodded. Norton swallowed dryly as he headed to the door.

"Jack should be here in a while. We should wait outside."

Naib followed after him, locking the door behind. Sure enough, Jack pulled up at the side in a few minutes in his Bentley. The two got in the back, Naib still fidgeting in his suit.

"Whatever fancy dinner you're gonna take me to, it better be worth me wearing this ridiculous thing."

Jack chuckled. Both him and Norton were used to wearing suits to work, but Naib, being the mercenary that he is, doesn't bother for these formalities he calls ridiculous. They headed further into the city center, where the biggest and most famous hotel was. The lobby was huge, crystal chandeliers dangling from the ceiling and a large waterfall in the center of the hall. The lights reflected and bounced off the rippling water as they walked in.

"Jack you actually managed to book us a table?"

"Mn."

Naib was confused, but followed them anyway. The dining hall was apparently on the top floor, unlike usual hotels Naib had been to, where they were on lower floors. The elevator ride was silent, except for the silent chiming of the bell each time they passed a floor.

'We're here."

Jack adjusted his tie as he stepped out into the empty corridor. Naib could hear distant chatter as the three continued down. Eventually the view of the restaurant came into sight, and Naib found out why they were situated on the top floor instead. The view of the city sprawled out before them, orange, yellow and white lights dotting every inch of surface he could see. There was a table in a corner with a reservation tag on it. Jack spoke with the waiter for a few moments before they were led to that table.

"You two have a look at the menu first. I already know what I want."

"What sort of witchcraft-"

"I've come here enough times. I already know what's on the menu."

Norton shrugged. Fair point. He scanned the whole menu and decided within seconds. Naib also settled for some grilled chicken. Jack glanced at him as the waiter took their orders to the kitchen. The mercenary seemed too immersed in the view to bother about the other two.

"How much did it cost you to book this?"

"Ah... We don't bring that up."

"Does that make me indebted to my own colleague?"

"Just take this as a treat that you're alive."

"Suit yourself then..."

Their food arrived soon and the three ate in silence, Naib having his eyes fixed on the view down below most of the time. Jack was fixated on how Naib looked whenever he chewed on his food slowly. He leaned over to Norton, who was picking through vegetables again.

"I wanna pinch his cheeks so bad..."

"Then do it."

"I don't wanna get Judo flipped so no thanks."

Norton chuckled softly.

"Is that a bar outside..?"

Naib squinted in the distance. Indeed there was a bar there.

"You wanna grab a drink?"