Chap. 53

The three finished their dinner and headed out of the restaurant area to the bar on the balcony.

Meanwhile, Eli and Aesop were in a restaurant booth, enjoying a quiet meal. Aesop had booked them a private booth. He'd managed to persuade Eli to take off his blindfold for the date even though the other male insisted his one blind eye wasn't good-looking.

"I just want to stare at your eyes, don't mind me."

Eli shifted as the waiter approached them, asking how the food was. Thankfully Aesop answered for the both of them and the waiter left. Eli looked up at him, moving aside the hair that he pulled down slightly to cover his eyes.

"I should've just worn my blindfold..."

Aesop leaned over and grabbed his chin lightly. He pressed a kiss to Eli's lips.

"No... Let them stare however they want, because either way you're all mine..."

Eli blushed furiously and tilted his head down, shovelling food in his mouth. Aesop smirked and went back to his food. Indeed, he found the white eye next to the greyish-blue one quite attractive even if it was a blind one. He hated that people would constantly stare at him just because he walks around with a blindfold, or when he's walking around without his blindfold.

He felt unusually possessive towards that man.

"Aesop if you don't eat your food will get cold."

Eli pointed at his food. Aesop sighed and put down his spoon.

"What's wrong..? Are you not feeling well? We can go home and get you some rest if you want."

Eli asked, concerned. He knew it was their date, but if Aesop wasn't feeling well, he wouldn't enjoy it either. He watched as the other male circled the table and stop right beside him. He felt firm hands grasping his chin and yanking it up.

"Aesop what-"

He was cut off once again by a kiss, a longer one this time. They kissed until Eli felt the need to gasp for air and pulled away from Aesop but the other wouldn't let him go. He was red in the face and his heart was pounding away as he tried pushing Aesop off.

"We're in public Aesop- People could walk in any moment!"

"Let them see then."

"Aesop!"

Aesop chuckled and went back to his seat. Eli sighed and continued with his meal, glad that Aesop did too.

-----------------------------------------------

"Do we have enough supplies?"

Andrej stared at the crates in front of them. The twins bowed.

"Hopefully enough ammo to go around. We just have to hope we don't miss too many shots."

"That's alright, just make sure to save a few more guns. I've got some of my own recruits joining in too."

Wu'Jiu looked over at Bi'An, who shrugged. They've known Andrej for when he was the boss, but they never knew about his special 'recruits'. However, now wasn't the time to ask. They continued with their training, aiming at the dummies they'd set up. Wu'Jiu had already gotten familiar with using an automatic rifle, while Bi'An preferred longer ranged sniper rifles.

Back in his home, Andrej went into the basement and unlocked a small door. Cases were lined up against the walls, each a different size and length. He reached for the thinnest, longest case and opened it. The glint of polished surface reflected the dim light of the ceiling lamp.

The Mosin-Nagant, a five-shot, bolt-action rifle chambered for its 7.62x54mmR cartridge. It was the first rifle that Andrej had gotten on his very first mission. He'd barely had any practice before that, but when he was using that rifle, when he fired, it all seemed to feel just right. He saved enough money to buy one for himself, and took more lessons for other firearms. Eventually it came down to just sniper rifles that he liked.

He looked around at the other cases and small boxes of cartridges on the shelves lining the wall. All those had been bought from his savings as a younger man, and its been quite a while since he took them out.

I suppose now's the right time...

He zipped the Mosin-Nagant's casing shut and placed it back, reaching for another case.

Arctic Warfare Magnum, AWM. Yet another bolt-action rifle with a .300 Winchester Magnum cartridge for increase in muzzle velocity, wind resistance and supersonic range. Muzzle brakes were also fitted to reduce recoil. Andrej opened the case, admiring the beautiful shine of the gun's surface along with the scopes on the side. He took it out and tested its weight. It rested in his hands, heavy but just enough for stability.

"Andrej? Love, dinner's ready."

"Ah, I'll be up in a few moments."

Rosa hummed in response and left. Andrej slid the rifle back into its casing and put it back against the wall before going up for dinner. Rosa was already at the table waiting.

"You spent so long down there I thought you passed out and died."

"Hmph, wouldn't you be glad though? With your many attempts to kill me even after we got married?"

"Ahaha... Those were just jokes nothing serious~"

Andrej chuckled as he speared a piece of meat onto his plate.

-----------------------------------------------

"Ukh-"

Naib covered his mouth as he slammed the glass on the table. The alcohol seared his throat as he swallowed, much like lava burning a path to his stomach. Norton had already fallen off his chair laughing as Jack passed him a glass of water.

"How- How are you not able to handle this?"

Norton gasped as he hauled himself back on the chair. Naib glared at him, wiping his mouth as he put down the glass of water. Jack poured them another glass from the bottle he'd bought straight from the bar where they sold special mixes. Naib grimaced as he stared into the glass. Jack had already tipped it over and swallowed in one go. Norton was looking at Naib, waiting for the other male to drink first.

"Come on Naib Subedar. Surely you can do it?"