I'm not ready so I'll say goodbye

He was a star child, a celestial being who was dropped from the inky black of space. His bright blue eyes and blinding smile showed proof of his descent and at the full moon, various marks from his body would twinkle creating a heavenly aura only the gods would have.

 But stars can lose their light too, their old brightness dulling and lacking their usual luster. If one had taken at least a closer look, they would've seen the light of their lives growing dimmer. 

The process is slow like a flame being left without wood to eat, he denied this and continued being everyone's glowing radiance. Until Tommy couldn't. Every day he would brighten up everyone's day, but at night he would feel a painful tear in his body. A part of him would fly into the night sky before bursting into sparks, and every night this would happen, it was as if this was a warning to him that if he can't stop giving the goddess that was in charge up above would take him away. 

And he didn't, he kept covering the parts where he would be missing. He continued handing out his luminance without a care, and every night the goddess took chunks off of him bigger than the last.

 Till it was his last day, the big lady from above had come into his dream instead of taking a piece. She had warned him that when he woke up it would be his last, and he would be taken back where he belongs.

In the twinkling sky where he fell from.

He woke up and wrote notes to each of his friends, writing on how he had a good time in this place and apologizing for how he has to leave early. He tucked it into his prized book and went on to have more fun times with his friends who he has to leave in a few hours. When sundown came he hugged each of them and told them his final goodbye, confusing them as he waved like he was leaving. He smiled brightly one more time and turned. When stars came to shine, Big gloved hands reached down from the depths of darkness lowering until they were in front of the star child's body, he climbed unto the hands and sat as he was lifted. He saw the houses of his beloved friends, waved again but it was now small as he was back again stuck in the night sky.