My uncle.

Michael remembers some pretty concerning things about his favorite uncle.

-----------------------------------------------------

Micheal loved his uncle, he was the coolest uncle he had. Tommy was the one he turned to when his parents became too coddling of him, he never treated Michael like a child. 

Besides, he was always there when he needed consoling, approval, and someone to just hang out with. 

But, he does remember some very vague memories of Tommy being weird it's all when he was still young and needed babysitting. Some of them happened frequently enough for him to remember it, and they were somewhat concerning to the now teen.

There were times where his uncle wouldn't look at him and would go as far as to lock him in his room until it was time for food. Or when he needed to go to the toilet. 

He also had memories of Tommy gripping his shoulders, screaming something while tears flowed uncontrollably. He then would walk away leaving Michael to play with his toys and come back a few hours later with his snacks and smiling like nothing happened, the child never questioned it or told anyone about it.

And times where he would be harsh with his touch and accidentally bruise or cut him, and even it was just a small cut the young would be pulled into a tight hug as his uncle sobbed and hiccups apologies.

Tommy had been there for him, and he always will be so there's no need to question something in the past.

Something that Michael doesn't know was it was those times that Tommy was the most unstable, wasn't thinking straight, and able to hurt someone.

Tommy was jealous of Michael's family life, on how he was loved and given attention.

But he soon realized that Michael needed an environment that's healthy to grow up in, not like the one he grew up in. 

He became a pillar in the child's life, a constant one rather than what he had coming and leaving as they please having him hold himself up. 

Sure, he could cry, he could hurt, he could do anything to make Michael like him to make him suffer like him. But, for what? For the feeling of satisfaction? What about the feeling of guilt, the feeling of familiarity that comes with it? 

It'll haunt Tommy forever.

So he'll be there when he can. 

______________________________________________

idea that's been bugging very half-baked but hey I don't know how to bake :^)