Are you a religious man?

Tommy dragged his feet through the wooden path, he had just gotten out of the prison. Walking to his house, he took off his broken and holed shoes leaving him with his sock which he also removed. Placing the armor, weapons, and important things into his ender chests, he took out his prayer beads made out of amethyst and pearls having multiple opals in different places.

 He made it for ChruchPrime, also having made multiple of the same designs from its original members. He worked tirelessly to shape the beads to make them the same size, to make sure they were smooth and clear. While he worked on that Quackity and.. Dream wrote its scripture, held in a chest buried somewhere in the holy lands. They had memorized its contents, spending days together as they read it over and over again. Copying it in pieces of parchment that they also hid in their ender chests, he still remembers every word, punctuation, and ends of a paragraph.

Feeling its cool and sleek texture, the feeling of familiarity washes over him. He then went to go to the church, the last time he had step foot in there was when he cleansed himself of the egg. Before moving on to work on new things.

Tommy considered himself a faithful man, never straying from his god. He held onto his religion even in heavier times, going as far as to make a small shrine so he can at least worship them. He entered the holy lands, patches of grass were stained with burgundy suggesting people escaped to here in the middle of scuffles. Tommy knew that he knew that people would abuse the land's rule, as he did himself.

He watches the clear water in the entrance fall, crystal clear and shining as the sun passed through the tinted window. Dust settled into the stands and leather armor, the floor looked like it hadn't been swept and mopped for months. The windows were in need of a good wipe, as well as the chairs.

The blonde walked through the isle, grey-blue eyes skimming over every surface. He kneeled in front of the altar, the bell showing his ragged reflection. Ignoring his rough appearance, he bowed his head and clasped his hands the prayer beads between his palms. He kissed his thumb and started reciting the prayer they had made and a few of his own, his whispers filled the still church comforting himself with sounds.

Finishing his litanies he kissed his index finger and stood up, He rang the bell and made a decision.

For the next week, he turned to what he knew wouldn't leave him.

Religion.

He developed a schedule, making time for visits to the chapel even on busy days. The schedule had him go to the church early in the morning, then go to the tower and watch it for hours before walking back to the church to pray for the evening.

He then spent his free time around its perimeter taking care of the sacred building, starting on making it safer.

He made iron gates, making it harder for people to simply get in and use the rules to their advantage. Cleaning the interior easy but the outside was stubborn, the dried blood being hard to clean off without water.

Tommy also took up gardening, planting purple flowers they had. Alliums, lilacs, and tulips. He had also gotten more potted plants and seeds from another server who had more varieties of flowers, with the admin now in prison and the temporary admins now weren't as tight.

No feelings of a looming figure behind him.

No feelings of impending doom.

So he had stopped being too paranoid and only came to the tower only 1-2 hours a day, and made flower beds and frames for more plants. Ranboo or Tubbo would sometimes stay with him in the church making small talk as he worked on the garden, or silently watch him pray.

Tommy ended his prayer, staying quiet watching the butterflies and bees go by flower by flower just outside the window. "Do you believe in gods ranboo?" the purple-tinged eyes running over the quartz wall.

"Well, there's one who's flirting George right now, and Eret having herobrine as a dad. I think I have enough proof they exist."

"Yeah, of course....Do you believe in mine?"

"What?"

"What about mine? Do you think prime exists?"

Ranboo only stayed quiet.

"Sometimes when I pray I feel like no one's there, that there's no god to listen" he ranted "When me, Quackity, and Dream we poured at least half of our soul into it" his hand goes over the polished surface letting it rest in his lap. Ranboo doesn't know how to respond to that, so he stayed quiet. "This is the last thing I can believe in, the last thread holding me together." broken nails dug into his scarred forearm.

"Tommy I-" the black and white boy was interrupted by the blond standing up, "I need to prune the wisteria," he said stiffly.

Ranboo only sighed.

Gloved hands took hold of a trowel, digging into the dirt and disturbing the soil. Tommy dug a small hole looking back at the already sprouting candytuft, burrowing 11 holes for each of them. The full sun was shaded by the straw hat puffy had gifted him, protecting his eyes from the raging rays.

His ears heard the creaking of the well-oiled gate, sparing a small glance to see who the visitor was before turning back to his work.

"Good afternoon Tommy" the newly arrived guest greeted, "Good afternoon big q." His eyes still focused on the dirt.

"Came back to Church prime huh?" Quackity looked around, watching the breeze dance with the flowers. Neck snapping back as Tommy impaled the ground with the spade, "never left." the boy said looking at him through his shoulders eyes sharp. "Unlike you, I never lost faith." the gambler could only raise his hands in mock defeat "Got me there" he snorted.

"what do you want big q" grabbing the pots with unnecessary force, taking the seedlings out of their containers.

"Straight to the point I see"

"Just get to it Q"

"Well, I just wanted to stop by and let you know about my casino's grand opening."

"Casino huh?"

"Yeah, as a fellow scammer I thought I should let you know. So if your interested just come by Las Nevadas and prepare for the time of your life."

"Maybe I just might."

"Well, then I'll see you there!"

As he turned around to leave, Tommy opened his mouth again "Before you go, why don't you have one last prayer with me big q?". Dusting his hands and taking off his gloves, "Sure why not, it's been months since I prayed." 

---------------------------------------

ayyyy over 1,000 wordsss lets goooooo