A familiar tune

Niki had held him hostage at his own hotel opening, jack who he trusted as his first employee is standing next to him also threatening people who came close.

"Niki please," tommy said shakily "you don't have to do this." Niki pressed the blade even closer to his neck "No tommy it has to be," She looked at the crowd who looked at her with caution "IT HAS TO BE DONE YOU ARE THE CAUSE FOR ALL OF THIS."

The sword had started pressing on his skin creating a shallow cut, he looked up even further wanting to create an imaginary distance.

Tommy pursed his lips tightly, and closed his eyes shut. He took a deep breath and mumbled familiar words.

"there will come a soldier, who carries a mighty sword. He will tear your city down, oh lei oh lai oh lord." Niki had loosened her hold on the weapon, recognizing the tune.

Tommy had sang it louder, not even looking at her or everyone else in the room.

"There will come a poet, who's weapon is his words. He will slay you with his tongue oh lei oh lai oh lord".

Jack remembered the times of long days when they would gather around the fire, and wilbur would get his guitar while tommy ran to find his drums. They would play the tune, some of them singing, snapping, clapping along the beat. When instrumentals came they dance playfully, laughing as they messed up on steps or falling over.

Those were the good times. Members of the original l'manberg had the look of remembrance, longing for the old times. "Shut up." niki said shaking, her hand trembling but tommy had continued "there will come a ruler, who's brow is laid in thorn. He is smeared like David's boy oh lei oh lai oh lord."

"SHUT UP" She practically screeched pressing the blade much more creating blood, but he continued humming the melody of nostalgia.

The audience watched as the girl broke down, and how jack stood dejected on the side not knowing what to do. Tubbo who saw this as an opportunity lunged forward, but he was to slow.

Even though niki was distracted, she saw Tubbo run to her. And with panic she had slit the blonde's throat, with one slice.

People gasped and screamed horrified. Niki let go, her eyes wide and mouth open. She saw blood spurt out from the wound, and let tommy fall into tubbo's hands. Jack took her hands and tried to run away, but the crowd had blocked their path.

Tommy could feel the pain, his eyes saw spots and he felt weak. He heard cutted dialogue beside him, it was his best friend.

"c'mon....awake...me...buddy"

"we......help someone...potion...."

The first sentence he heard that wasn't muffled was "Stay awake for me". he snorted and mustered the power to say "I'm afraid I can't keep my eyes open Big man." which had come out slurred and almost impossible to decipher, They had heard it. They denied it.

When tommy fluttered his eyes closed they would scream and shout for him to open back up, because there was no way in hell he was gonna die. But when  he slurred out "M'tired" he closed his eyes and never opened them even when he was shook.

They tried to wake him back up but he wouldn't budge, Phil whispered encouragement to himself as he tried to restart his heart to no avail. Tubbo held Tommy's head talking to him to open his eyes, to talk to him.

His body became cold and his skin lost color. Tubbo still held to the hope that his bestfriend was going to wake up, and they were gonna hang out again. But when the Tommy's body was covered he was held close by Eret, who let him cry on his shoulder.

The day that was supposed to be a new day for the boy, became his last.