Deaths road

{warning}
contains attempted suicide

You walk around HQ, you are looking for something, something that looks sharp or anything that can do lethal damage. As you walk the atmosphere around you was darkening, like it was a sign of you walking into death's doorstep but you didn't care. Then you began to hear voices, not just any voices, they sounded like whispers, they were whispering stuff that didn't make sense. They sounded like.

Why do this?

What are you doing this?

You shouldn't

Why bother

Don't do it

You'll gain nothing

Don't

Are the voices coming from your head? Is it you thinking twice or is it someone else talking to you, if so... who is it. Is it an angel? Your spirit? Or perhaps... the ghost of people you loved.

Then you found yourself in the kitchen. It had plenty of things that can kill you. You found yourself unable to move. you were frozen like a statue, unable to move and stand there in one spot.

The voices kept on telling you to stop what you were doing like they are trying to stop you from ending yourself. But you ignored them, hoping that they will just go away.

And there you saw it, a perfectly sharp knife just sitting there, the blade was stuck into the chopping board and its handle in the air.

Then a voice in your head rang in your head, that sounded so wrong but so right at the same time." do it"

You stare at the knife, it looked like it could move at any time, " take it, take. The. knife!" the voice said again. you reached out for it. Your fingers then slowly wrapped themselves around the handle of the blade.

"TAKE IT!!!" you picked up the knife. You raised it firmly. You stare at it, taking a long look at it, you are about to do it.

"Do it." the voice said." end yourself here and free yourself from this hell" you held the knife with both your hands." do it" the voice repeated itself.

"Do it now, before someone stops you." you raised the knife and take aim. "DO IT!!!" and then with all your strength you plunge the knife deep onto your stomach. Blood squirted from the wound.

You take the knife out, letting blood ooze from your wound. You then collapse onto the ground, blood pooled around you. You felt weaker and weaker as you bled out, life slipping away from you.

With a weak smile on your face, you slowly slipped away from consciousness and everything goes dark.

To be continued