Restless

You slowly open your eyes as the Anaesthesia wore off. You recently had surgery on your chest to fix your rib cage and to fix your kneecaps but it was a high Rick prosecutor, you now have a huge scar on your chest and your knees are numb.

The nurse told you that you must stay here until they are certain that you are well enough to leave. For now, you have to stay in this nice soft hospital bed and rest but you can't sleep, you can still see the images of your friends dying right in front of you.

It has been 32 hours since you've been brought back here and now you are here in a soft bed where you are supposed to get some rest but you can't.

Frustration began to build up inside you. You can feel the anger build up in your chest. You just want your old life back but now you are trapped in this castle of terror.

Then the door opened, you weakly glanced over to who has entered. It was a cadet, it was a boy who seems to be 165cms tall and has a cute brunette haircut. He is holding a tray of food." The commander told me to give you some food" he says.

He walks over and places the tray on your lap, "thank you" you say." Your welcome my lady" he says with a posing bow, he then walks out of the room, leaving you alone.

You picked up the spoon from your tray and scooped up some of the vegetables from your plate but before you could even devour them you felt a sudden pain shoot through your entire body making you drop the spoon which fell back onto the tray with a tinking noise.

It feels like there's pressure pushing against your chest, it was getting harder to breathe. You let out choked gasps, you began sweating and your chest was throbbing. It felt like you are suffocating. Then the door opens and a few nurses walking and see you struggling to breathe.

They quickly rushed over to help. One nurse got out the oxygen mask and another got out oxygen tanks. One nurse held you down while the others attached the oxygen mask to you. By now you are in immense pain, your vision was going all blurry and your body was getting tired.

Once the mask was on, you began to breathe normally but you were still slowly losing consciousness. The last thing you could see were the nurses looking down at you when darkness consumes your vision.
_______________________

You open your eyes, this isn't the hospital room nor does your surroundings look real. It all looks bright and colourful but at the same time, it looked peaceful and beautiful.

You were confused, are you dreaming or are you in the afterlife?

"(Y/N)!" Someone called out, they sounded familiar. Too familiar.

"(Y/N)!" You looked over to see who it was and there you saw them. Standing right there were your friends and your mother.

You couldn't believe your eyes, they are right here, but you swore they are dead but they are right here, maybe you did die and are now in the afterlife. Tears well up in your eyes,"g...guys?" You managed to speak. They gave you a comforting and welcoming smile.

You began to sob, you dropped to your knees and let out all of your emotions, your mind was overwhelmed with emotion, you are finally here with the people you loved.

"Don't cry my little missy moo-moos" your mother says in her soft, soothing voice." You are here with us, enjoy your time here with us before you wake up" you stopped crying, you look up at your mother. She has a smile on your face. She bends down and gives you a comforting hug. You wrapped your arms around her in return.

Then you felt more arms wrap around you, your friends embrace you along with your mother. You embrace the moment and time here with your loved ones, you want to be with them before you awake and back to reality.

A smile carved itself on your face and let out more tears. You miss all of these wonderful people but they are in a safe place, for now, you are on your own but you will do your best and survive.

And then you woke up.