Chapter Fourty Five

N I A L L

I hate seeing Morgan like this. Crying, upset in general. I rub my hand on her back, in gentle circles. Comforting her is my main priority at the moment. "What time is it?" She whines against my chest. I pull my phone out of my back pocket, and read the time.

3:45 in the afternoon

"3:45" I answer.

"Do you maybe wanna get something to eat and come back?" I ask. She nods. "Should we get your mom something?" I ask. "No... the doctors provide her food. The doctor actually said she was on her way to get food for her anyway" Morgan wipes her eyes. I nod, "Go tell your mom we will be back" My words come out a bit more demanding then anticipated.

Morgan walks in the room and walks out a few minutes later. I take her hand in mine and we start to walk down the long hall toward the elevator. "Where's your aunt?" I ask. "She's in the room" Morgan informs me. "Ah.. I'm surprised she didn't give me a hard time for being here with you" I chuckle. "She's too busy with my mom I guess" Morgan sighs.

Morgan isn't herself for sure... and I feel slightly awkward. But I throw that thought to the back of my mind for now. For once.

Shocker.

We pull up to a small Mexican restaurant in the middle of town. The boys have been here before and they said good things about it so why not try it now. I wanted to get Morgan out of that hospital as soon as possible. I couldn't sit there and watch her break down.

We walk in the restaurant, and take a seat down at a small booth. "So what brought us here?" Morgan asks. "I've heard good things from the guys" I chuckle, and look through the menu. She does the same and a young guy walks over in a black t shirt with khakis. "I'll be your waiter for tonight, what can I get you to drink?" He asks after taking a small note pad out. He looks at Morgan with wide eyes. I can't go anywhere without someone looking at her. And thinking to myself that I will need to speak up... but I'll play it cool today since she's upset.

Maybe..

He walks off after taking our orders and I almost burst into laughter when the guy next to me almost spills his wine all over him and his overly priced suit. His girlfriend or whatever seems embarrassed and his cheeks are flushed with sweat brooling on his forehead.

"Bet you 20 bucks the guy next to us is proposing to her" I whisper to Morgan. She chuckles, "Your on Horan"

I honestly love when she calls me that, I don't know why but I've grown fond of it.

Our waiter brings our food out, and Morgan politely thanks him. I ignore him completely, and take a bite of my fajita's.

Morgan eats pretty much everything on her plate and some of my fajita's as well.

As long as she is full of food, and capable of being at the hospital with her mom she will be okay. I'm glad I didn't see her aunt because I know for sure she would start shit with me. So she can go away.

I'm there for Morgan.

We wait for the check, and Morgan and I argue for who is paying the bill and I of course win. After about 10 minutes she finally caught on that I am buying Her dinner. Not the other way around.

"I'll be right back, going to the bathroom" She says and kisses my cheek before walking to the restrooms. I stay seated at the table and pull my phone out.
I scroll through my Instagram, and get a text from Liam.

*You, Morgan. Wanna come over to the house? We're having a get together and maybe go out tonight*

I ignore the text for now, and I will ask Morgan. I don't care to go but I'll only go if Morgan wants to.