Chapter Fourty Four

M O R G A N

I wake up to the sound of the door closing. I shoot up, and Niall shuffles next to me. He runs his fingers over my skin on my arm. Goosebumps form, and I lay back down. "What's the matter?" He asks. "I must have had a bad dream..." I sigh and lay next to him. "Oh.. are you okay?"

"Yeah." I say and he nods. I close my eyes again, and attempt to fall asleep again.

••

I wake up, to the sound of the door closing. I slowly lift my head up to see Niall shirtless walking in with only a pair of sweats with his boxers waistband showing slightly above the pants. His hair against his forehead, with water droplets falling from his locks. "Good Morning" He smiles. I sit up, and his cheeks turn red. "Good morning... how are you feeling?" I ask.

After his long night, and being sick... I would hope he's feeling better. "I'm better... the shower I just took helped" He smiles at me, and my heart melts.

I've known him for how long? And he still has this effect on me...

"That's good. I was really worried about you" I blush. "Ah.. you don't need to be worried about me baby.." He says and joins me back on the bed. Running his thumb over my lip. "Yeah I do... I don't want anything to happen to you" I whisper. "Nothing will happen to me... but I think I should be more worried about you" He grins. "And why is that?" I laugh. "Because... someone may try to snatch you from me..." He smiles, and brings his lips to my neck. Goosebumps raising to the surface of my skin.
"I see your a bit protective" I whisper. "always" He grins.

I love this playful Niall. He's being very flirty, and lovable.

My phone starts ringing, and I groan. I reach for my phone and slide my finger across the screen. "Hello?" I speak.

"Morg- Morgan? Are you there?" My aunt stutters.
What the hell?

"Yes... what's wrong?" I ask.

"Your mom.. she's in the hospital. Come quickly" She says and hangs up.

I run my hand through my hair and panic floods through me. I quickly climb off of the bed and reach for my phone. "Morgan?" Niall speaks up.

"Yes?"

"Why are you packing up?"

"I need a ride... now" I say slight harsh.

"To?"

"The hospital.. my moms in the hospital" I sigh. He quickly changed into a pair of jeans and puts a gray t shirt on. He puts his vans on and grabs his wallet.
We quickly walk down
the stairs and out the front door without saying goodbye to anyone.

••

N I A L L

"Why is your mum in the hospital?" I ask.
Like the hell she would know! I'm stupid.

"I don't know... hopefully nothing serious" She sighs and runs her hand through her hair. She's so pretty that I have become distracted.

"When we get there, I'll drop you off at the front, and I'll find a parking spot." I speak up.

"Okay" Her voice shaky

When we pull up to the hospital, I stop at the front doors. She kisses my
cheek, and climbs out of the car. "Meet you in there" She says and I nod. She closes the door and I watch her walk in before driving away. I spend a few minutes which seems like hours before I find a decent area to park... I'm not in the mood to walk a whole damn mile before I get to
the hospital. I park under a small tree, some what close to the building before running in.

"Hello, How can I help you sir?" The older man says to me. "I'm here to visit a patient" I inform him. "Patients name?"

Shit I don't know Morgan's first name.

"Thing is I don't know the patients first name... the girl that just walked in is my girlfriend and it's her mom" I laugh. He looks at me like I have 4 damn heads. "Room 207 on the 2nd floor" He says and I nod before walking away. Damn that was extremely awkward.

I run down the hall, to the nearest elevator. I push the button a few times and it finally opens. I push the second floor button and impatiently for the stupid doors to open.

When they do, I nearly jump out and look around for the room. Of
course it's on the other side of
the hall and I by the time I get to the door I'm on the ground army crawling.

I go to open the door when a doctor walks out. "Jesus you scared me" I snap.

"I'm sorry... but your not allowed to be in this room. Family only" She says. Of
course.

"I am.. I" I stutter.

"You may sit down in a chair outside of the room." She speaks to me like I'm a damn kindergartener.

Bitch.

I snap at her once more before she walks down the hall and looks at her tablet.

she's probably on some damn social network when really she should be letting me in this fucking hospital room!

My eyes begin to feel heavy, so I slowly fall asleep. I'm gonna be here awhile so why not?

I wake up to the sound of the door knob being shuffled around. Morgan peeks through the door. "Hey"

"Hey" I sit up in the uncomfortable chair that has began to make my ass hurt.

Hospital chairs... ugh.

"How is she?"

I look up at Morgan and her cheeks are slightly flushed, and she has occasional wet spots from tears I assume.

"What's wrong?" I climb out of the seat, and my ass is dumb as hell.

I ignore my pain and focus on my girl's pain. "She passed out on the floor in the kitchen at the house, and the doctors think she had a heart attack.. but I don't know what to believe or think" She sighs, and looks down at her feet. I bring her chin up, so she has to look at me. "Baby... everything will be okay. I promise" She begins to cry.