Chapter Sixty Four

"You're mom isn't getting any better." He finally speaks up. My heart stops, and so does my breathing. "What?"

    "Morgan please don't make me say it again. It was hard enough keeping it from you."

    Reality check...

   "Woah. You kept this from me for how long!?" I yelled. He flinched and I don't feel bad for my outburst. Him and my aunt kept a secret about my mom being worse from me and didn't even plan on telling me anytime soon.

    "I've known for a few weeks. That's it." He looks down at his shoes. "You are sick." I climb out of the car, leaving the keys and storming in the house. Niall is right behind me, if I were to stop real quick he would run into me. "Christine!" I yell. My aunt walks out of the kitchen carrying a bowl of something. "What's the matter?" She acts like nothing is going on, and I know damn well Niall told her he was going to tell me when he stormed out after me after my outburst.

"Don't play that shit! I know what you were hiding! And I can't believe you both knew and didn't plan on telling me! That's awful!" I yell.

Niall stands behind me, and I don't bother to turn around and see his reaction. I hear him tapping his hand on the counter and I roll my eyes when neither of them speak up.

"Morgan. You don't understand." Christine slowly walks toward me.

"You're right. I don't understand why you didn't tell me any of this!" I snap.

Niall walks up behind me and brings his hands across my waist, laying his head on my shoulder. I try to nudge him off but I just don't have the strength. " I wanna go see her. Now."

Christine's face drops, "What?"

"She told me not to let you see her like this after we told you."

"Woah! She knew about you guys keeping this from me too!?" I scream.

My aunt slowly nods.

I turn toward Niall. "Will you drive me?" I whisper. He looks at my aunt and then quickly looks back at me and nods. I whisper 'thank you'

......

I'm not very mad at Niall as much as I should be. But I'm more mad at my aunt once again for trying to get Niall to keep this from me for a bit longer. I knew Niall was uncomfortable doing so, but he knew it was "better for me if it was hidden" .

Niall has the radio playing, obviously trying to keep the tension in the car less noticeable. He lays his hand on my thigh, and I can't help but look at him with a small smile.

"Are you mad at me?" He frowns.

"No. I can't stay mad at you in particular." I sigh, and look out the windshield. "Thank you, that's a huge relief."

"But I am still upset that you didn't tell me before this."

"That's understandable." He smiles and turns off the exit on the highway.

      ....

N I A L L

    Morgan has fallen asleep in the car on the way to the hospital to visit her mum. I've parked in the parking lot of the hospital and have let Morgan sleep for an hour or so. I finally start to play with her hair, and rub her back. She starts moving around. "Niall?" She mumbles. "Yes love?"

   "Are we there yet?"

   "Yes.. we have been here for an hour or so. I let you sleep for a little bit because I know your going to be tired and won't be able to sleep when you're with your mum"