Chapter Fifty Two

I excuse myself from the awkward silence that only increased as I sat in the living room. I walk out of the house, and stand by my car. I lean against the passenger door and stare at the house. I've experienced so many things here, at this house. Good and bad.

I look down at my feet, and I hear the front door open. Zayn walks out, and meets me by my car.
"Hey"
"Hey" I sigh.

"Listen... I'm sorry for being you in this" Zayn has his hands in his front pockets of his tight black jeans. His dark gray sweatshirt fitting him perfectly.

"No.. I'm sorry for bringing everyone into Niall and I's complicated relationship" I sigh, and fold my arms across my chest.

"Morgan, stop blaming yourself. Niall caused this himself. He's a dumb ass, You didn't do anything."

"I should have just believed him, and been done with it" I groan.

"No. Don't say that. You were smart to make him suffer. He should now realize what he did was stupid, and hopefully he will realize he can't walk around and do shit like that"

Hearing Zayn speak this way, makes me smile. He's so sweet, but to hear him curse or talk this way about Niall shows how nice he is. He's so calm and helpful over everything in this.

"I'm so sorry" I cry.

He pulls me in for a hug, and I cry into his shoulder. "Don't cry" He holds me tight.

Another reason why he's so sweet.

The smell of his light cologne, and his warmth makes me much more comfortable.

He runs his hand up and down my back, and to be honest I don't feel as awkward as I thought it would be to have him do this.

I step back, and he sighs. "Want to go back in there?" He asks. I nod, wiping my tears away from my eyes. I follow him up the driveway, and Perrie is sitting on the couch. Niall sitting on the couch across from her. Perrie turns toward us when we walk in, standing and pulling me in for a hug. "Come upstairs with me?"
She whispers. I nod, and she takes my hand in hers.

"Here" Perrie adds some concealer to my cheeks and underneath my eyes to cover my wet tears.

"Everything will be okay.. I promise" She says and pulls me in for a hug. "I hope so" I cry.

"I just added makeup to you and how your crying again! What am I going to do with you!" She smiles. I let out a small chuckle, and wipe my tears away for what seems like the 100th time.
"Here lets do this again"
Perrie takes a makeup pad and wipes away my make-up.

She lets me sit there for a few minutes to cry, and then adds my fresh make up. Adding eye liner, mascara, eye shadow, and another coat of concealer and blush.

"Now don't go crying on me again" She hugs me.

"No promises" I sigh.

We walk down the stairs and back into the living room. Niall is no longer on the couch, and I begin to panic.

"I sent him up to his room to sleep" Louis chuckles, reading my mind. "I don't want him talking to you until he is sobered up, and not acting like a dumb ass" He adds. Perrie and I sit on the couch, and she smiles at me. "So, when is this wedding again?" Louis asks with his hands folded in front of him.

"Next weekend" Perrie informs us.

I totally forgot how close this wedding was... hopefully Niall and I will make up before then. I would hate to have to change Perrie's plans on Niall and I, because of us and our dysfunctional relationship.

"This is gonna be sick" Louis runs his hands together, Zayn walks in and stands behind Perrie running slow circles on her back.

I notice their affection and turn away quickly, hoping they didn't notice my awkward stare.

"I hope everything between Niall and you work out" Louis lets out a comforting smile.

Oh I wish we would too but I messed up by saying the wrong thing. Saying I wouldn't move in with him, and he didn't know me. Even though he sometimes knows more about me then I do...

••••

Niall has been asleep upstairs for almost 3 hours, and I honestly hope he comes down soon. I hope he runs down the stairs apologizing and kisses me... a girl can dream it would be that easy.

About 20 minutes later, Niall walks down the stairs, and I turn to look at him. He looks much more sober than he was hours ago. His eyes are no longer bloodshot. Slowly going back
to normal.

I turn around and face Perrie.

I feel Niall's hair tickle my cheek as he leans toward me, "We need to talk" He whispers. Goose bumps form against my skin, and I slowly nod. Perrie whispers 'good luck' to me and I mouth a simple 'thank you' and follow Niall out the front door.

I stand on the porch, and he joins me. "Morgan... I'm sorry, about everything that has caused shit between us lately" He apologizes, with a small sigh in defeat.

"Niall.." I sigh. "No.. let me finish" He puts his hand out. I groan, "I don't want to continue fighting... even though I never even wanted to fight with you over this" He continues. I just simply nod, "And we need to look to look our best walking down that damn isle of course" He lets out a small smile.

He doesn't continue talking, he just pulls me into his arms. "I missed you... I missed this" He says against my hair. I lay my head on his shoulder.

This is what staying away from him leads to... I'm awful at keeping my promises.