Chapter Twenty Four

Setlist~

You and Me - Lifehouse

Beneath your Beautiful- Labrinth

Human- Christina Perri

Good Girls- 5SOS

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

We walk into my house and up to my bedroom. I sit on my bed and Niall joins me. I take a deep breath and look at him in his deep blue eyes.

"What?" He asks with a small grin.

"Please don't get mad at me for asking.. but who is Caitlyn?" I ask and sit up in criss cross.

His eyes widen and he looks at his hands on the duvet. He sighs, and takes a deep breath.

"She was my old girlfriend." He sighs.
"Can you tell me what happened. Everything." I ask.

He sighs, and looks out the window. I let him relax for a moment and he turns toward me.

"I was deeply in love with her. And she meant the whole world to me.. I was certain she was the one. We dated for years and years.. and I ha everything I ever wanted with her. We had a flat together, many dates, except marriage. I still have flashbacks today about the day when I planned a huge date right next to Tower Bridge in London, with hanging lights, it was a beautiful night, I was going to propose... I wanted to share my life with her for the rest of our lives and it all went down hill from there." He says and I can tell he Is trying to keep the tears back.

"What happened?" I ask.

"I asked her to marry me, and she said she was moving to Hawaii with her parents. And she didn't want me to keep waiting for her to come home and then not be back... And one day.. I got a call from her older brother that I was really good friends with saying that she had been in a huge car accident. And passed away." He begins to cry. I remember her parents mailed me the newspaper that had her story in it. I remember I didn't eat for days, didn't sleep, couldn't do anything. I was home from school for almost 2 months. I couldn't do anything. I remember flying to Hawaii to go to her funeral and when her college professor announced how she was trying to get her masters degree and never got to complete.. he gave her masters degree to her parents and it broke everyone's heart. It was the hardest thing I had ever been through. At her funeral her boyfriend that she met in Hawaii was there.. and I lost it. I had to leave. I couldn't be there and watch those memories I shared with her broken in front of my young eyes.
I never planned on dating anyone again because I didn't want to take the chance of that nightmare happening again. I still have nightmares sometimes about all of it.. and have flashbacks from the funeral and from when we were in London on the worst date I have been on." He cries.

I wipe the tears from my cheeks and my eyes hurt. I look over at Niall and he does the same.

"I can't believe I'm fucking crying in front of you." He says and laughs.

"No, Niall it's fine. I understand." I say and run my fingers through his blonde hair.

That was the most emotional love story I have ever heard. And now I know why Niall gets defensive when people bring up dating, girlfriend, boyfriends. It all makes sense.

"Wanna try to sleep?" I ask him and he nods. "I have to change so." I say and he grins. I grab a pair of comfy sweat shorts and pull my leggings down and put on my shorts. I take off the tank top and put a plain gray t shirt on, I un clasp my bra and throw it in the hamper.

I climb into the warm bed next to Niall and he smiles as he rests his head on the headboard of my bed. "Shit what about your aunt?" Niall asks. I totally forgot about her!