54. Every Little Thing

Third Person’s P.O.V.

And just when Taehyung thought Jin was slowly accepting him, Jin had popped his happy bubble again.

It was the day they were shifting Silver Spoon to the new restaurant, Jin was super excited and Taehyung had taken the responsibility to take care of the kids for the day. It was a good day, the team was there and Jin just couldn’t stop smiling and giggling as he explained to them how they were going to set this place up anew and planned the menu and arranged the place as best as they could.

Taehyung managed to help them as best as he could while Jimin wanted to look after the kids, and was utterly glad to see Jin asking him for his thoughts or suggestions. It had made him feel so worthy n trusted, something he had been desperately craving...for since the time he had hurt Jin's feelings there was practically no one who had cursed him harder than he had cursed himself. So Jin acknowledging him came as a much needed relief.

It was quite late by the time everyone left and after he put the kids to sleep, Taehyung came upstairs to call Jin down for dinner only to see him busy baking souffles as he tested the heat and temperature of the new oven. Jin hadn’t seen him coming in, so when Taehyung suddenly appeared out of nowhere to pick up a freshly baked souffle and his deep voice complimented him from behind, Jin yelped flinching to bump against the other’s chest and felt Taehyung’s arm coil about his waist in a habitual affectionate manner.

They had both stilled till Taehyung decided to speak “this is really good” and for a moment Jin couldn’t tell what he was talking about and mumbled “I was just testing…Tae…could you please..” he stopped not completing the sentence as he felt Taehyung go very silent and for a moment he began feeling utterly conscious about their situation, almost squirming but felt the arm uncoil.

“You still think I’m going to hurt you, don’t you?” The words were heavy and Jin couldn’t turn around to face Taehyung.

“N-No…it’s not that” he softly shook his head, he was trying to find a word to explain what he actually felt “I don’t think you’ll hurt me…but I feel so unfamiliar to you these days…like you’re someone else n I-” he gulped realizing he didn’t actually have the right words to explain what he felt “it’s like you’re not you…I can’t understand you…”

Taehyung had no idea how to reply to that…he was trying to change himself entirely but it seemed like with Jin even that wasn’t working. And he couldn't even eat properly after that because Jin just stayed upstairs, making an excuse about having a couple of souffles so that he did not have to sit with him n eat dinner.

“I have no idea how to do this” Taehyung spoke into his phone that night making an emergency call, truthfully he had made such emergency calls quite a lot this past month.

Sighing as he rubbed at his temple “he confuses me so much…I can’t think right when he becomes like this you know, it’s like he’s testing me all the time…and I’m so scared I’ll break and do something and he’ll just leave again…” he nodded to the words from the other side and groaned pinching the bridge of his nose “I-I just want to make him happy but he keeps being this-this confusing human that I don’t know how to react to him.”

He sighed leaning back into his seat, the truth was he was severely struggling with following his little rule book and Jin’s flaring anxiety that led to harsh reactions one moment n sweet appreciation the next was not helping either.

“The kids are better now…they’re learning the hard truth I guess but yeah, things aren’t as bad as it had been before” he closed his eyes remembering how they had made through the past month. Definitely one he wasn’t going to forget soon.
First, they had planned to get a nanny for the kids but the whole project had gone down the drain.