63. Nothing Like Us

#Warning: mentions trauma

Third Person’s P.O.V.

There was so much going on around the entire place that no one noticed the young man on his knees hyperventilating…

And they probably wouldn’t have if Taehyung had not struggled to get on his feet, stumbling in his steps to madly try to dash inside his ruined home screaming for Jin.

“Let go of me! He’s in there! I need to help him! Jin!! Answer me! Jin?!!”

“Sir please calm down…you cannot go inside…it’s dangerous” they warned together not realising the tremendous pain he was already going through.

“The fuck you mean I can’t go inside! It’s my home! My husband is in there!!” He screamed back at them with wide panic stricken eyes, panting loudly before he was struggling to get inside again.

“Mr. Kim? You’re the one who called the police?”

Taehyung was barely listening to them.
“Mr. Kim your husband had to be taken to the hospital…” they tried to make him listen to them and saw him pale at the news, his eyes went severely cold as he clutched at one among them…his breathing ragged as he tried his hardest to ask the question burning painfully through him.

“Is he…Is-” “He’s alive Sir, his burn wounds thankfully weren’t too extreme but he was suffering from severe breathing issues due to excessive inhalation of smoke, so they had to take him to the emergency immediately…” they tried to ensure him as best they could but the man they had rescued was passed out and wounded, there wasn’t much they could say for now other than the fact that he was alive.

All his anger and agitation seemed to flush out of him in that instant and Taehyung slumped down onto the floor before them, silent and shuddering as he tried to cope with the shock.

“Mr. Kim, are you okay?” They huddled about him, trying to help him through the dilemma he seemed to be facing at the moment.

“H-He is alive…” the words were a panting whisper to himself “I have him…he is al-live…” Taehyung mumbled grabbing onto his head “they aren’t all g-gone…I’m n-not alone…he’s f-fine…he’s alive…I’m not alone…I-I have him…”

“Mr. Kim can you hear me? It was an accident, you’re wounded too…let us help after that we can take you-” they tried to shake him from the daze he seemed to be trapped in as he shook vehemently, rocking back n forth while mumbling gibberish. However, their intention proved dangerous as he pushed away, eyes wide with bizarre fury “I am not going anywhere with you…you don’t believe me. It was not an accident! He killed them!! Take him away!! I saw him murder them!!! Why won’t you believe me!!?”

“Mr. Kim please calm down…we don’t understand-” “He deserves to die! Kill him…he deserves to die!!” He thrashed as they tried to hold him down, believing that shock had become too much for him to cope with.

“Let go of me!” Taehyung screamed, his eyes were blank and desperate as he attacked them instead, thrashing more as more people gathered around and tried to get him under control “let go of me!! Why won’t you believe me?! He killed eomma and appa…I saw it with my own eyes!! IT WAS NOT AN ACCIDENT!! I’LL KILL HIM! LET ME GOOOO!!!”

The paramedics found no other way but to sedate him because he denied to calm down, and Taehyung struggled when he saw them use the same procedures of holding him down before a needle dug into the side of his neck while his troubled head made it difficult for him to realize whether he was actually going through all of it again or was it just the gruesome memory of that terrible time all those years ago.