33. Now You See Me

Third Person’s P.O.V.

Monday 2:00 a.m.

“How much longer do we have to just sit here?” Jin yawned widely, struggling to pry his eyes open as he asked to a restive Henry sitting by his side. His cyan blue eyes alert and fixed on the door to the chamber where Juhee’s strained screams could be heard from time to time.

This has been going on all most all night since they had brought her in to the hospital.

He winced feeling his back get stiff and tried to straighten up, careful not to wake Taehyung up in the process who seemed to have passed out as he slept on Jin’s shoulder, as if it was the most perfect place on earth to sleep. Reacting quietly when Jin softly held his head back as he shifted in his seat, settling closer to make it more comfortable for the other.

He knew it was a big day for Tae tomorrow, and had even asked him to go back home and rest when the doctor had told them that although Ju had gone into labour, it would take a while for the delivery.

But Taehyung had blatantly denied Jin’s suggestions, knowing that he would get mercilessly butchered if Mr. and Mrs. Kim would arrive at the hospital and there was no way he could sleep at home peacefully knowing that such a catastrophe could be occurring any minute.

After the last episode he was sure they won’t go easy on him anyway. Hence it was better to just stay by his side, where he could be sure Jin wouldn’t have to fight alone and about his sleep…well, what could possibly be more comfortable than Jin’s broad shoulders!

His sleep thinned a bit when he felt Jin heave a long sigh, a hand cupping his face as heard him speak with Henry and Taehyung snuggled more into his warmth as he felt Jin lean closer to him, felt him set his head against his and smiled to himself before burrowing deeper into his warm neck and falling asleep again.

It wasn’t until a couple more hours had passed when he felt Jin shaking him awake.

“Wake up! Wake up!” He heard Jin speak hastily as he stood up stunning him in the process, and he instinctively tried to hold him to himself.

“Let go! Not the time Tae..” He groggily watched Jin tear away from his hands and glare while he managed to come back to his senses to check their surroundings.

Taehyung could see how the empty halls had turned noisy, he saw Jin fleeing away to speak to the doctor, the nurses hurried around, Henry followed them around doggedly, and then his eyes fell on Mr and Mrs Kim standing stiffly, pretending to not have seen him there.

He straightened up, fixing up his bleary features as he walked up to stand by Jin.

“They-They’re having trouble with the babies- the second one” Jin spoke brokenly, worry taking over as Taehyung saw him restlessly waiting “she must have gotten so tired by now”.

Taehyung had never seen this side of Jin, and he knew for a fact that this side was probably something he reserved only for Juhee, being the caring hyung under all that bickering the siblings usually held onto.

“I’m sure she’s fine, the doctors aren’t gonna let anything happen to them” he said lovingly rubbing his husbands’ shoulders, trying to help him calm down.

Mr and Mrs Kim stood there, trying their best not to react to the couple beside them, questioning why they were there in the first place. Mrs. Kim thought she had made it quite clear last time that she had no intention to see the two associating with the family, her disgust rose higher assessing Taehyung’s actions to soothe Jin as a show-off to fool all eyes yet again. She huffed annoyed as they waited restively while Mr Kim stayed completely silent, not even sparing the two a glance.