47. You Got the Best of Me

Third Person’s P.O.V.

“Still don’t want to talk about it?”

Jin shook his head and dug his head deeper into the pillow, discarding the question as Juhee sat by watching him avoid every way she tried to help him break out of his moping silence. It’s been days since Jin had wilfully made himself a hostage to the bed, denying to get up except for the bare minimum.

“Fine then” she sighed “I’ll just call Taehyung, judging from the situation and him not being with you I guess it’s definitely something he did”.

She grabbed her phone and felt Jin grab onto her wrist, stopping her before she could make the call.

“Don’t” “Did he cheat on you?” She asked taking up the chance instantly and Jin fell back onto the pillow.

“Is it someone you know? Is it someone I know? I can’t believe this! How could he?!” She rambled in her own frustration making Jin curse under his breath and groan agitatedly.

“It’s nothing…just go, I’ll call you later” he turned the other way, hoping to hide the tears from her and pulled the blanket over his ears “why are you even here anyway?”

Juhee bit into her lip debating if she should tell him the truth or not. Taehyung had called her, sounding terribly distressed and apologetic. He had asked her to go over and check if Jin was doing okay since he wasn’t picking up his calls. She had asked him a fair share of questions as well but Taehyung only apologized, saying he’ll talk to her later and pleaded to her to go over as soon as possible since knowing Jin as well as he did, he was aware that if anyone could make Jin feel better it was Juhee. 

“I-uh-Mrs. Kim called me…said you weren’t feeling well“ “What?” Jin was confused as to why would she even call up Juhee to tell that but decided to let it go for now, not feeling like talking too much.

“Jinnie..” she leaned to nudge him, trying yet again to make him open up “will you really avoid me like this? What happened? What did he do that got you so upset?”

“Nothing…I’m fine” Jin spoke in a straight voice and Juhee got frustrated with him being this stubborn “great! Then get up” she pulled at the duvet “let’s get some lunch and after that you’re going back to the restaurant…let’s fix you”

Jin yelped feeling her pull away the covers and dragging him to push him into the shower, she went to grab whatever she could find in the closet, rolling her eyes at the same old loose accountant shirts and dress pants that he forever wore to work and handed him those.

“Chop chop! I got two hungry kids waiting at home, so be quick” she spoke pulling the door close.

And yet half an hour later she could see him silently sit in the car with his head hanging low as she drove. She remembered how blissfully happy Jin looked on his birthday, feeling sad to see him be this numb and tried not to let her fears get the best of her. She was aware how volatile and stubborn Jin could be and knew that Taehyung was equally impulsive and wayward, had witnessed both of them go from being reckless disasters trying to pull each other down in their stupid games to actually fall in love, obviously in their own twisted whimsical way.

They didn’t even bother about compatibility, but somehow it was their need for each other that held them together, strengthening their bond. Both of them had looked at the other and sought for a place to feel loved and wanted and cared for, wanted to drown their difficulties by finding solace in the other and while Jin had planned his share of selfish steps knowing Taehyung would give in because he had a weakness towards him, Taehyung had planned it all in secret being scared of Jin’s haughty attitude, fearing he’d leave him without a bother if he didn’t hold on to him hard enough.