12. Let's Flip a Coin!

Third Person's P. O. V.

Thursday. Work day.

Kitchen troubles as usual, a sleeve on fire here, a loud chef yelling there, a red head and a silver head arguing by the side, a tripping Jimin bustling in and out, dinner time rush always brought out the worst in them.

"Stop it!" The chef growled out, a murderous glare on the boy who grinned at him.

"Baby calm down, you're going to wreck your voice with all that yelling" Taehyung said leaning in to press his lips on the other's cheek again, his hand drawing circles at the small of Seokjin's back. The glare softened as he let him kiss his cheek a second time and watched him smile, eyes twinkling at him.

"See, better?"

Seokjin moved his eyes to the other side, feeling himself calming as he told his raging head to control that bossy rage.

Although he often enjoyed the way Taehyung would be sweet and lovey to him these days, initially he had to tell himself to control all that rush of blood to his cheeks. It was embarrassing to act like a seventeen year old when he was twenty six! He had an image to maintain for fucks' sake!

At times it even angered him because before this no one had ever dared to curb him down, however things had gotten easier once he began to realize that maybe there was some truth in Taehyung's words. Maybe he was a bit too bossy and haughty, but then again that wasn't all true, he just needed strict leadership to ensure the kitchen functioned well.

But since the day he had decided to tone down the bossiness a bit and tried to go softer on them, the atmosphere in the kitchen had turned comfortably amiable.

It was almost sad when Seokjin saw them stare at him bewildered when he laughed at a joke Hoseok had cracked, or the look of absolute amazement they had given him when he tried to compliment their hard work and how Jungkook had stared at him with big teary eyes when he had patted his back appreciating his growing skills.

But what he absolutely hated was how the praises of all his efforts were being piled up as compliments on Taehyung.

"This is sorcery on a different level, seriously man, I would have never believed it if I hadn't seen this with my own eyes" Hoseok voiced "I was kinda rooting for you to kill each other and end our misery but you pulled out the fattest reverse card there is!"

Seokjin tried to hold in the curses sitting at tip of his tongue and walked to his counter unaware that he would have to work some more to hold on to his composure as Taehyung wrapped his arms around him in a back hug, resting his chin on Seokjin's shoulder "not sorcery, he just loves me too much to actually listen to me".

Seokjin side-eyed him"you're pushing your luck now" he spoke through gritted teeth "go back to work or I will have to smack some sense back in that tiny head of yours".

"Babe, you remember what we agreed on about not being mean?" "Mhmm I hope you remember what we agreed on about not being annoying babe" Seokjin plastered a smile on his face turning to Taehyung as he pushed away to go to meet the guests before they closed for the night.

Taehyung watched him go out, chewing on the inside of his cheek as he tried to understand how to get through that guard Seokjin still held against him.

It had confused him when Seokjin had proposed to him out of the blue, yes it had made him unfathomably happy but somewhere deep within he knew there was something missing in those eyes as he looked into them. He had known those eyes since a long time, that's also a reason why he knew every typical shade of them, how they turned a bit brighter whenever he did something with passion and how they turned a shade darker when he was trying to hide away, how they held a fiery tang whenever his rage took over and how they melted into a pool of honey  when he was sad.