35. Sweet But Psycho

Seokjin’s P.O.V.

“I am going crazy Jinnie”

Ju fake sobbed and I could hear loud baby noises and high-pitched whining in the background “they just don’t shut up, at all! I put one to sleep and the other wakes up, and then he wakes up the other, and then they cry, and cry, and eat, and puke, and then cry again to eat-gaahh! I am going crazy!”

I was trying hard not to laugh out and listen to her complaints like an understanding big brother, but no doubt that those boys of hers are a handful!

Jeno and Jisung, at least she named them well and although I have been meaning to see them but with our busy schedule I couldn’t make time at all.

“They’re kids Ju, that’s what they do” I tried to pacify her as best as I knew.

“They’re little devils” she groaned frustrated “adorable little devils” she murmured next and in the very next moment I heard her cooing at them.

“How are they doing?” Tae asked beside me, we were in the kitchen just done with dinner time and I was indulging in a bit of mindless cooking, the usual habit of experimentation as I tried to figure out new flavourful possibilities. And he was just hovering about me, not like I mind but I have been noticing this for some time now, he keeps trailing me all the time and it’s kinda getting weird since he’s been doing this a lot these  days. 

“They’re great, it’s just Ju slowly losing her mind” I tried to whisper over to him.

“I heard that, you awful meanass!” Ju roared from the other end “I wish you could live what I am going through, just so you’d know how ducking hard it is!!”

“Okay.. jeez.. calm down will you-” I spoke as I felt Tae bring up a spoon to my lips, urging me to taste the lemon meringue he’s been working on.

“Bring me some fried greasy food and a big jar of extra sweet anything, I wanna pamper myself” she commanded, sobbing loudly in the next moment as she began roaring about a million more complaints and I had to pull the phone away to keep my ear intact.

Yep, she’s definitely losing her mind.

Things were good.

Life was finally worth living, things were working out, dreams were coming true, and for the first time in forever I wasn’t struggling.

Since we decided to get on with this new plan things have been really hectic. I barely had any energy left by the time we got back home but damn did it feel satisfying to see how well our hard work was building a better tomorrow.

Silver Spoon thankfully is in good hands. I was tensed to my very core the first day when we got to the kitchen almost at six in the evening, fearing how I’d manage to serve up dinner on time only to see how efficient my sous chefs had become, and realized things could work out smoothly even if I wasn’t being that controlling.

And about the rebuilding of our new home we were almost always arguing over the plans, only to keep aside our differences to eventually come to a decision. The opportunity to build something anew is quite thrilling if I must say, this was something absolutely new to me, and although I’m mostly grumbling I can’t deny the fact that I’m learning stuff, things aren’t that bad.

Well, almost…

The only hardship I was actually struggling with at the moment is Taehyung.

I don’t know what’s gotten into him since I began working on this project with him, he’s just being severely weird, and highly confusing.