55. Blue & Grey

Seokjin’s P.O.V.

“Hey hyung, you okay? You’re spacing out again” I was startled out of my deep reverie to hear Jungkook’s voice.

“Y-Yeah…” I realized I had stopped in the middle of prepping the pork ribs, I saw all of them watching me with concerned eyes. I know I have been a bit more difficult these last few days and they have been trying their best to not tell me that I guess.

I stopped working and faced them being just as blank as I felt inside “actually I don’t really know…”

The past week has been an eye opener for me and now I feel so devastated that I feel like I’m gonna fall weak to everything.

I sighed remembering the first day I joined him at therapy.

Probably the first time we were both quiet while sitting next to each other….however that only lasted for a few minutes.

The moment she began asking me questions Tae’s nature changed from the silent man who had not spoken a single word as we drove in the car to this one who kept answering her instead of me.

“I know you two started on a bit of rocky note-” “Actually no…we started pretty well” Tae spoke not letting her complete.

“Marriage is a difficult thing, especially when you’re not familiar to each other’s ways and behaviour-” “I don’t think that’s an issue with us…I knew him since I was fifteen.”

She gave me a look and I shrugged knowing that she could see pretty well how difficult it is to make him get what he doesn’t want to get…she’s lucky because truthfully Tae has changed a lot from those earlier days, at least she doesn’t have to watch him be demanding and arguing to get what he wanted.

“How are the kids? I heard they were being difficult for you-” “The kids aren’t the problem at all, actually I’m rather thankful for them” Tae spoke glancing at me “even if its’ only because of them, I’m glad he thinks he needs me by his side”

I couldn’t really say much against those words, it wasn’t a complete lie but the problem as always was he only read half the truth.

I needed him by my side because somewhere along the way of being  with him he had become a major part of my strength…even if I didn’t say it I knew I needed the Taehyung who had always stood by me unquestioningly.

And practically the first day there I couldn’t convey anything much. So, the next day she took up another way asking us to speak what we thought about where we had gone wrong.

This was difficult….really difficult because although the person you love may have given you some of the best memories, the tiniest hurt they inflict always burns louder.

Practically that session we barely spoke…and even when we tried it came out in broken allegations…

“He wouldn’t even talk to me these days” he grumbled softly “it hurts when he treats me like a liability.”

short but deep accusations…

“He’s lied to me so much that I don’t have the guts to start trusting him again” I voiced as a sudden pang of hurt ran through me.

and the sombre silence that seemed to speak a million words…

“Hello Seokjin” she smiled at me as I greeted her and sat down a bit confused about why she had called me here suddenly.

“I’m sorry but I realized I needed to talk to you…and with Taehyung around it is rather impossible to do that” her smile stayed as she spoke “although he was the one who suggested to bring you along”