27. High Hopes

Taehyung's P.O.V.

“Let’s go to the restaurant first” I voice as soon as I took my seat in the car.

“Wouldn’t you like to go home to rest Sir? It was a long flight” he said not getting my point as he placed the trolley bags and pressed shut the back of the car.

“I’d like to pick up Jin on the way”

“But Sir” “Gyo...I had a long flight, I’m tired and I miss my husband, who left me alone on our honeymoon. Can you please be a little considerate?”

“He never comes home before midnight Sir” he informs taking a humungous amount of time to get his seat belt on and start the car, and then began driving at forty.

“Well, he’s a workaholic” I huffed trying to curb my frustration at his unbothered actions “but come to think of it, I need to speak to him on this matter too. We would have to decide on a routine if I have to go to Daegu every other day”

The last few days have been such a tiresome hassle but it did teach me a lot of things.

One, having Jin around me has become a fundamental necessity for me to function well. Two, if I need to get a hold of the company then I won't be able to work at Silver Spoon anymore, and although Jin is there to hold fort at the restaurant I’m going to miss the mean, sassy and bossy threats he’d usually throw at me all day at the kitchen, bet he'd be happy to not have me there. 

He wants me to take up my responsibility at my father’s company but to do that I’d have to travel up n down Seoul-Daegu at least thrice a week. Although my uncle gave me a fair suggestion but I cannot take it.

I haven’t gone there for more than a decade, and I don’t think I ever can...although that is my real home.

“Sir, did you hear me?”

I was brought out of my reverie with Gyo’s words.

“Sorry, what were you saying?”

“I don’t think he enjoys staying at the Kim mansion Sir” he said suddenly drawing all my attention.

“He leaves before anyone wakes up and returns well after everyone has retired for the night, and never lets me drive him” he goes on to speak as a series of Jin’s stubborn whims bloomed in my mind and I can’t help but smile to myself.

“Yeah, he can be a bit stubborn at times but don’t mind him Gyo, and trust me he wasn’t intending to demean you or anyone else for that matter. He just thinks it makes him look weak if he asks for help”

“It’s odd but sometimes it feels like he loves that restaurant way more than he cares about anything or anyone else”

“Yeah, tell me about it” I reflected on those words remembering how I had played on this same obsession on Jin’s part to make him leave everything his father’s company could provide him with and accept the proposal to become mine.

“He’d sell his soul if it’d ensure he could live his dream” a pang speared through me as I said the words.

I know it was a mean game to play but hey at least I have him, he's happy, I'm super happy, and that's all I could ever wish for.

Baby steps were never my thing, neither half-assed uncertain trial-error. I don’t desire a lot many things but I make sure to get what I want, that’s how it’s always been for me.

Even when I fell for him, it’s him or nothing.

And now that I have him, I’m going to make sure he has everything.