42. Because I Love You

Taehyung’s P.O.V

“Jin…” my hands searched feeling the other side of the bed empty, my head was killing me and my throat feels terribly parched, goddammit I can’t even open my eyes.

I felt like I couldn’t remember what I was forgetting but that nagging feeling kept eating at my bleary head. I tossed about in discomfort only for my eyes to fall on a post-it stuck on a bottle of water kept thoughtfully on the night stand and almost instantly fear gripped at my heart believing he had gone out because that would mean all my plans for his birthday would get utterly ruined.

But I sat up and snatched it up, trying to focus on what he had written and to my better luck it only had instructions about drinking the water when I woke up and that he had gone upstairs to help with the setup and prep for the inauguration of the restaurant in the evening.

I felt so warm and giddy simply because of the way he had become so loving and sweet, a literal dream come true “told you you’d fall for me” but then it hit me as I read the note again “shit!”

Just then the door opened and Jin entered with a bowl, eyes blowing to a glad surprise to see me awake and walked nearer.

“How’s the pain? Wine’s are wicked when it comes to hangover, hydrate it'll get better” he handed me the bottle and set down the bowl of hangover soup.

“Why didn’t you wake me up?” I demanded, trying as hard as humanly possible not to let my eyes move from his face because goodness did he look delicious in the black silk robe, his milk-white neck holding proof of my wild craving for him .

“Believe me I tried, didn’t work” he shrugged and his robe loosened on one side of his shoulder as he very casually crawled up to me and climbed onto my lap, and I held my breath waiting for to see what was going through his mind. He grinned dangerously at me “so this was the surprise you were planning huh?”

He leaned in to press a swift peck at my nose, the action making the loosened lapel of his robe gently slide down his shoulder a bit more.

A simple action yet my eyes inadvertently fixed there and I covered the skin with my lips, pressing feathery kisses “although it was supposed to be a surprise, however its true. It’s your project after all, what better option than to welcome everyone to celebrate it along with your birthday”

“That’s very thoughtful…and sweet” he mumbled the last words and I smiled listening to him be so cute but the moment I pulled my head back to gaze at him he pinked up and began trying to shuffle away “everyone’s upstairs, I’m just gonna go n check…have the soup before it gets cold”

Naïve as ever, and so innocently sweet…I’m glad he has this soft mushy side which  I just can’t seem to get enough of.

“Nice try but you’re not going anywhere for now” I wrapped  my arms around him as I tease craving to see more of this soft fumbling side of him.

“I have to go, they need my help..”

“No”

“But there’s so much to do”

“No” 

“Some of those are new recipes, I have to prep-” “No” I flipped us about and he yelped grasping at my shoulders and it was my turn to grin.

He struggled to be let off “I knew it! This inauguration thing was just a trap, wasn’t it? I fucking knew you’d try to manipulate me to believe that a day in bed is the present you planned…am not interested, I’m still sore and I don’t want it! Let go..” he huffed at me burning red and puffing out his cheeks, making it very difficult to hold my laughter, he’s the most adorable person I have ever laid my eyes on.