8. Persimmons

Third Person's P. O. V. 

"I have a bad feeling about this Ju" Jin spoke into his phone as he sat in the cab heading to meet his parents, apparently his mother and Juhee had come to celebrate his father's birthday.

["Don't worry I'm here to save your ass. Speaking of ass, mum said she saw you getting sinfully squeezed in the middle of the kitchen at wide daylight...ehem someone's been pretty horny eh? Glad you are finally getting some good kinda action dork"]

Seokjin rolled his eyes, of course Juhee was being Juhee even at such a threatening situation!

"So she told you?"

["That you got a boyfriend and you're living with him, and all my prayers for your starved virgin ass has been answered? You bet! Congratulations sweetie, she hates him! Just like you wanted!"]

Cheeky as ever!

"You're enjoying this way too much you know, I hate to break it to you sweetie there's nothing like that and my virgin ass is fine!"

He sighed as that wicked brat's face flashed in his head "that asshole got me in so much trouble".

["Wait, so you're still a virgin?!"]

"Will you stop it! My life is on the verge of getting ruined Ju! They want me to marry Irene!! Can you believe it? Even after I told them I like men!"

He noticed the cab driver turn about to give him a smile and Seokjin wasn't sure of what to make of it.

["Calm down will you, it doesn't look that bad around here I swear. See ya soon, I got a surprise for you! Ciao *mwaah*!"]

A heavy sigh slipped his lips, not sure if he was looking forward to any more surprises.

"A strong, beautiful and smart guy like you could have the world at his feet and you're afraid of what they are going to force on you?"

Seokjin picked his head up to stare at the man through the mirror.

"My life is a mess" he complained shaking his head as he let his eyes fall back to his hands.

The man chuckled "then clean it, you just have to be brave enough to take your fate in your own hands petal" Seokjin had to look at him again, as liquid hope bubbled in his veins "trust me, they will never make it easy for you. All you can do is choose yourself over and over again, and keep fighting."

Persimmons always gave Seokjin a warm and cozy feeling, they reminded him of the time they had celebrated their last Chuseok at home, when the family was still together, when their parents still loved each other. Father would always make sure to specially order some from Jeju just because Juhee loved them and ate those till her stomach ached. Seokjin would often fight her for eating his share but never actually would snatch a piece away, her whines were always sweeter than the fruit.

Even to this day, he enjoyed every bit of it as he rebuked her for gorging down too much and enjoyed her childish whines.

"Give it back prick!"

"What's wrong with you? You're eating like a pig!"

"I'm allowed to eat like a pig! I'm pregnant!"

"Wait what?!" He gave back her plate and tried to help her on her seat, suddenly scared to quarrel with her as his eyes finally caught on the slight bump under her loose dress.

"Well, surprise!" She gave an animated grin as she gobbled on another spoonful.

"Yes, be nice to her. She's five months along and can finally manage to not puke out whatever she eats" Seokjin's eyes went a wider as their mother petted the cheeky girl.