44. Loved You Dangerously

Third Person’s P.O.V.

Taehyung woke up in an empty bed, showered and dressed in a hurry and made his way downstairs to see no Jin. So, he headed upstairs hoping to find him busy with something in the restaurant. He didn’t have a doubt that Jin would spend most of his time there now that he had the freedom of working any time and as long as he wanted.

He knew it's gonna be a hassle to keep his workaholic baby away from there...but he had to definitely set up some ground rules before Jin began completely ignoring him being addicted to work.

They had not yet decided how to manage Silver Spoon and the new restaurant together, so Jin and the crew had planned to recruit more staff to help them with their added duties.

He expected to see him busily working on something and secretively pushed through the doors to give him a happy surprise but stood stunned when his eyes caught the sight of Jin just sitting on an empty table with a cup of coffee that had turned cold while his eyes looked lost in thought.

“Baby” he edged nearer realizing his caresses and trials to make him feel better hadn’t worked to cheer him up, Jin looked awfully pale. He went closer, leaning over his shoulder and saw him take an unmindful sip “do you want to stay home for today?”

He seemed to snap out of his daze at the voice by his ear as he gazed at Taehyung with wide blank eyes.

“You don’t look too well…why won’t you tell me what is troubling you so much?” Taehyung tried again to make him open up, feeling hurt seeing the other be so pale “was it something I did?”

There was an awkward pause till Jin pushed up from the chair, pulling his gaze away “I’ll go get dressed, we’ll be late” he was heading out of there when Taehyung spoke again.

“You can rest today if you want to” “No! I have to go” Jin snapped, startling the other with the sudden exclamation and Jin realized he was getting worked up again “the project is done now, so today might be the last time I’ll be going there” he spoke and Taehyung walked up to him, taking his hand as he tried to help him calm down “well it doesn’t have to be like that, I’d rather love to have you there as well. You can plan it out you know…come to the company a couple days and work here the rest”

Jin was only listening to it in half attention, the rest of his head still drowned in the poisoned emotions from last night. The accusations had their own burden, but the worst was Taehyung avoiding his questions, it troubled him enormously.

He stayed numb serving breakfast, eating without knowing what it was he was tasting and he held to his silence even while riding to the company as he gazed rigidly out of the window at the dark green that encircled their home while the morning light danced in flickering sparks over his face, their warmth barely touching the chill that raked within him.

And as everyone settled in the conference room and the meeting began, he gently excused himself, disregarding Taehyung’s tug on his wrist and the pouty frown with which he stared after him, not liking the idea of Jin going out of his sight.

But Jin felt restless to know the truth as soon as possible but the very next moment debated if he really wanted to, why did it matter? He was happy with where they were right now, after everything that had gone wrong in life finally things had begun to go right, why not let it stay this way…can’t he just overlook and drown those words and let the fairytale survive?  

“Mr. Kim?....Hello..?” his train of thoughts was broken by the PA’s soft nudging at his shoulders and realized he had frozen to a halt while walking down the hallway.

“Are you okay? Did you need anything?”

And Jin realized there was no way he could overlook the panic and the constant gnawing pain of anticipations since the first thought that came to his mind was “do you know where he keeps the contracts that were created for me?”