*The Silver Lining (extra)*

Warning: soft smut

[This episode will show the first time Taehyung meets Seokjin. When he had just begun living with Namjoon’s family being a foster child...till the time he grows up to meet Seokjin again on the day of Juhee's wedding, which was the first chapter of this fic 🌚]

(Jin-17+, Tae-14+)

Taehyung’s P.O.V.

“Come on…come on…shit!” I cursed as I watch the ‘game over’ sign glow on the screen right before I hear footsteps outside and quickly tuck the device to settle under the covers. A knock resounds just before the door is swung open.

“Eomma would really like it if you come downstairs you know…she’s been working really hard to arrange this…for her…for today could you pretend like you even want to be here?”

I stay quiet under the blanket as hyung stands at the door waiting for a reply. If he stays there then I can still pull off this act and pretend to sleep through whatever family thing they have planned.

I can tell they have been trying to get me to open up and accept my life here.

“Taehyung” his voice isn’t harsh but when he says it like that, I feel a little cornered. They are nice people and I feel safe living here but I need time…maybe, or maybe somewhere deep down I have this fear that accepting this life here would mean giving up on who I was before…although it’s been three months already that I was brought into their family and have begun living here in Seoul.

I like it here…but it’s not the same…it will never be the same ever again. They don’t really know me, hyung is great but I don’t know how to fit in…I am fourteen…the last three years has been terrible, I never imagined I would ever have to live the way I had to…but then the last three months have been really better, I am even going to school regularly now…the nightmares have not been that bad…things are beginning to look normal again.

But it’s still hard to talk to anyone…everywhere I look it feels like there are only people who pity me…see me as some retard…I can’t take the way they think I’m fragile and that I need help…that I need help all the time…I don’t need anything…I just want to be treated like myself…I wanna be treated just as Taehyung…not like a traumatized orphan kid who helplessly cried for help because he was beaten up and trapped in a dark room for days…I don’t want to forget what it felt like to be myself before I lost everything…

“She keeps trying…and you know it hurts her to see you so indifferent…why are you like this? I know you’re not asleep Taehyung” he steps inside the room and I rustle under the covers to remove it and sat up with a sigh, it’s almost noon anyway.

“I’m sorry…I don’t feel up to it” I apologize knowing he’s observant, fooling him has been way more difficult than the other kids I’ve lived with in other foster homes. They used to leave me alone…Namjoon made me call him hyung and honestly acts like one…he’s difficult to hide from.

He walks inside the room, pulling the cabinet open where eomoni had left some new clothes for me to wear at the luncheon today.

“Go shower and wear these” he put the tailored suit on the bed “and Taehyung…”
I look up at him and he tries again, he keeps trying although he has done this numerous times in the past few months.

“She is really excited to have you here, probably even more than me and appa, so I am requesting you to please try to accept us too…or at least her…it’d make her really happy” he moves his weight from one feet to another, going a little silent as I find no words to assure him anything and just nod.