36. Just The Way You Are

Third Person’s P.O.V.

“One roasted quail! Up!” Jungkook pushed the steaming plate over the counter and Jin instantly rushed to check, adding the last few strokes of perfection before it was being taken out of the kitchen.

“Hoseok are the shrimps ready for the order?” “Yes chef!”

Jin was rather concerned to hear both Hoseok and Taehyung’s voice although he knew Tae wasn’t actually working with him, and suddenly he was more concerned about why was he not paying attention at making the Jokbal as he had told him to.

“What are you doing? Go back to your counter” he ordered when the other happily circled around him, hand instinctively snaking about Jin’s waist “I was getting bored without you”

Jin decided to overlook his clingy actions, assessing that the suave mature Taehyung he had watched with heart-eyes at the company was merely a mirage, gone away with the wind. 

“Yoongi, let me taste the Tom Yum” Jin walked out of the arm holding him and around the counters to head over to him, edging nearer to taste as Yoongi held up the ladle for him when out of nowhere Taehyung barged in, diving in to taste from the ladle before Jin could, startling both Jin and Yoongi in the process.

“Hmm, it’s nice…just needs a hint of lemon” he licked his lips, and Yoongi being unamused just turned to Jin waiting for his advice as he tried again to feed the chef to taste.

“Aish..hyung! You don’t trust me at all huh?” He said pulling the ladle out of Yoongi’s grasp, trying his best to ensure that Jin wasn’t fed by anyone else but him. He turned to a confused Jin, holding up the ladle with a smile glad that he had been able to intercept the incident just at the right time.

“Here babe” and Jin being way too puzzled with his actions by now tasted, agreeing that it did miss just that hint of lemon.

“Hyung!”

And Jin was again turning about to head towards Jungkook’s counter, remembering that he had to help him with the Galbijjim when he felt Taehyung grasp at his wrist.

“I-I need help too!” He spoke a bit too loud, looking almost exasperate and Jin was starting to remember the dislike he had for Tae’s typically annoying attitude “with the- the.. Jokbal” Taehyung cleared his throat, as he pulled the other towards his counter.

“What are you trying to do now?” Jin asked watching him get busy with the prep anew.

“What do you mean? I’m just asking you to help me?” He shrugged trying his best to look inconspicuous.

He had thought Jin falling for him would mean that he would be lavishing all his attention on him but since that didn’t happen he couldn’t help but grumble inwardly. Jin was supposed to be crazy about him. Things certainly weren't working the way he wanted!

While at the company, although it was for other reasons, he could ensure that Jin had to stay around him and give him all his attention but here in the kitchen, Jin was the master of his own mind and it was annoying him to see how he just treated him like one of his sous chefs.

Taehyung didn’t like this treatment, and according to him he was right to demand to be treated with a lot more love and care. He intended to lavish all his attention and affection on Jin, but demanded that Jin would do the same.

He turned to see Jin was staring at him with a smirk, “what?”

“So you finally agree huh?”

Taehyung frowned at him picking up the pork from the brine and getting the marinade ready for it “agree to what?”

“That I’m better than you” Jin was full on grinning at him now, eyes twinkling with playfulness “you just asked for my help with a recipe” he voiced in a sing-song “hah! I feel invincible now, fucking finally! This was long overdue!”