64. A Very Messy Fairytale

#Warning: Mature content

Seokjin’s P.O.V.

They call it the circle of life for a reason I guess…it goes on and somewhere after all the misconceptions, quarrels, anger, hurt, hate there is a moment of love…care…admiration…understanding…

And once you get to that moment, no matter how great the tide of troubles is, it will falter before you and ebb away quietly in defeat…

Love can rebuild the world they say, so everything’s possible when it comes to love. *

“Thank you Gyo, I hope you know what you’ve done for us is something we’ll never be able to repay” I spoke after I watched Tae carry the stuff and the kids inside with Appa and Mum.

“Don’t make me feel like a stranger Seokjin-ssi…I consider you all as my family” his smile held the truth of the words “I’ve been with the Kims’ for almost a decade now, practically watched him become the person he is today…Taehyung is like a younger brother to me, and that boy has made some ugly mistakes…I know, however I still think he was right about one thing…he truly needed you to learn to live the right way” his words sounded like truth that couldn’t be veiled, simple yet striking all the same “I am glad that despite all that you two and the kids and both the families had to go through, it all worked out in the end.”

I nod to his words, a smile breaking upon my lips in their own volition “yeah…I too had to learn to live the right way, it isn’t always easy to accept our own flaws but it’s always easier to open up when we know we won’t be judged for being ourselves.”

Honestly, I don’t think life is easy…I don’t even think it’s supposed to be…and yet in the midst of all the pain and struggle and complications we’re still allowed to enjoy a few moments…fall in love…be stupid…make more mistakes and most importantly, to have the heart to mend them no matter what…and begin again.

“It’s been a long time, hasn’t it?” Mum asks by my side as she feeds the boys. Her words make me look up from my plate as we sat having our breakfast at the same table where I had promised in a fit of anger never to come back here…the same table where Taehyung had proposed to me to marry him the last time we had sat for breakfast here. 

“Since the last time I cooked for you…” her voice sounds heavier than usual “I used to cook for Ju all the time though.”

Appa clears his throat at the head of the table and Mum too fell quiet for a few minutes before I realize we were never really going to be a normal family ever again…even if earlier I had a hope somewhere within me for that, it’s all gone now since the only one who dared to break through all the rigidity and voice the problems we all had was gone…yes we were all healing in our own way but the truth is you can never really heal yourself of loss, you try to tell yourself you’re okay and look the other way or keep busy to not really think about it…but the real pain is learning to live with the fact that they are never coming back.

It’s a weird feeling, a bizarre sense of guilt to know that you’re here…still awkwardly holding onto those bits and pieces, struggling to look fine…but they are gone…and even one slip can push you back to break you all over again.

My eyes fix on the boys, their unaware giggles an assurance that there is always some hope…their smiles the only thing that make me feel enough guiltless…

I just pray I can do justice to them…yes, I know Taehyung told me not to overthink but I have been thinking what could happen if the boys had been at home with me too when that fire broke…

“Jin…you okay?” His voice is soft at my ear as he checks my anxious eyes.

I nod, gulping down the fear as I resume eating.