Chapter 16: Stars can Bring out Truths

~  Clay's POV  ~

"We have a bit to wait since Bad and Skeppy are cooking, we do not know what they're making since we trust them to make something wonderful.

For the time being, all of you can do whatever you want to while waiting. We will be on the thrones chatting if you need us." My mother says smiling.

We all looked at each other smiling, I already had a plan to do something with George.

Sapnap and Karl head somewhere, leaving me and George in the ballroom.

"Hey, George? Do you want to go outside? Get some fresh air?" I asked nervously, I saw him lit up a bit and nod with a smile.

We headed to the door; the one George entered through. We went to a tree in the forest, not too far from the castle but just far enough to not see many lights, just a few.

We sit down on the ground next to each other, our backs leaning on the tree. Not too many trees were around, but enough for it to be called a forest. It looked magically.

I looked to George, his eyes lit up, looking up at the sky and a big smile spreading across his face. He looked magically, even more magical than the forest, I looked up with him.

"Pretty, huh? I come out here every night when the stars are out." I say smiling.

I saw George looked at me at the corner of my eye with a huge smile, causing my smile to grow and a blush reforming on my cheeks.

"It's so pretty... I wish I could do this." He says, he quickly covers his hand with his mouth, in confusion I wondered what he means by that.

So, I asked him without thinking twice. "So why don't you?" he's quiet for a moment and sighs lightly.

"I'm not really out, at all. I'm locked in my room to learn about being the perfect prince.

I know my parents do it out of love and just want the best for me but sometimes I wish I could go out, even for a minute.

I was dreaming and thinking about this party since I found out because it would be the first time in ages since I've seen someone that isn't around the castle."

He pauses and I look at him, him looking back. I place my hand on his, reassuring him to continue if he would like to.

He looks down to our hands and looks back up smiling, seeing a pink blush on his cheeks. He conutines "I'm really happy, Dream. I'm happy our parents planned this party.

I'm happy my parents decided to let me come, I'm happy Sapnap and Karl are getting along, but well..."

The thing I'm mostly happy about is that we got along Dream. I'm happy we got to meet.

I'm happy our parents decided to let us have the last dance. I'm happy I'm here right now." He spills all of his words out, "I trust you so much already, it just feels right.

I don't believe in faith much but... this feels like it was made to be.

Me meeting you; and yes, I know it's weird to trust someone so quickly and I know you probably find me weird or creepy, or-"

I shush him quietly, he looks at me again, since he moved his gaze to the grass while talking. "George, trust me. I know how you feel, I actually felt the same.

It feels right that all of this happened today. I would never find you weird or creepy or anything negative."

He looked at me shocked, like he wasn't expecting me to say that. He then starts tear up, before I had time to react, he threw his body against mine, giving me a tight hug.

I sit in shocked for a moment then I hug him back, his sobs filling my ears. It made my heart hurt, even though it was clear it was from happiness. 

I circled his back with my thumb, "Shhh, it's okay George. Why are you crying?" I asked, I was a bit confused. I knew, well felt, like the tears were happy but happy for what?

"I just never thought I'd get any other friend then Karl, your words just made me feel so happy." He says, his voice cracking sometimes.

"I'm really happy with everything that happened tonight, thank you, Clay." His face still in my neck; still giving me a tight hug.

My name rolled off his tongue so easily, it felt so right... it sounded different, my name coming into a new light.

It was different, when Sap said my name it sounded like a friend showing you to a new game or something.

But when George said my name it sounded like someone talking to someone that they adorned.

"I am too, George." I said smiling, he shifted, making my head be under his chin, I snuggled my chin into his hair.

"I am too." I said repeating what are I said but a bit quieter, my smile growing and my blush became even more intense.

It feels right here.

--------------------

Word count: 869