Chapter 53: Ever Since Doulgas Left

~   Clay's POV   ~

When George told me he was ready to be with me I honestly wanted to melt, I was so happy that I cried, it was dumb I know but jesus I was so happy. I was finally with him. I could finally call him mine.

"Dream... can I tell you something?" George asked quietly, I nodded "I'll be honest, I've never believed in soulmates but... everything changed when I met you." George said softly, looking up to look at me, causing him to be close to my jaw. I smiled softly "Can I also tell you something George?" I saw him nod and I looked at him straight in the eyes "Either did I." I said, George smiled and connected our lips softly. Something told me that this is where I needed to be.

After what felt like hours, me and George went inside, it was getting late. We were walking but George then stopped me "Wait, Dream." He said, grabbing my wrist softly. I turned and looked at him, raising an eyebrow "Yeah Georgie?" I asked, he looked at me "Uhm. Can we not tell anyone about us being a thing? I-I mean you can tell Sapnap, Skeppy, Bad, and Puffy but not your parents if they find out if we're dating they will want us to marry right away and I just want us to be together for a bit before... that." George said, shyly making eye contact. "George, of course we can do that, whatever makes you comfortable." I said smiling.

He smiled and hugged me "Thank you, Dream." George said happily, nuzzling his face into my chest "Of course Georgie." I said, petting his hair and smiling softly. After hugging for a bit we disconnected our bodies and held hands, closer than before, then continued down the hall in silence but in was comfortable.

~

We got back to the kitchen and everyone was still hanging out "Hey guys!" Karl exclaimed happily, waving frantically. "Hey Karl!" George said back, waving just like Karl was. Everyone looked at me and George, confused from how close we were, we were close but never this close, it was like we were sewing together. "Uhm, should we just tell everyone now?" I whispered into George's ear.

He shrugged "I don't see why not." He whispered back, I nodded and looked back at everyone, them still having confused looks "Guys... me and George have something we need to tell you." I said, they all nodded but still have that confused look. "Well, me and George have liked each other since all of the party stuff, if that wasn't obvious. And well um... we're dating now." I said, voice trembling a bit. They all stared like we were stupid for a few moments, except for Karl, and then everyone started making jokes about them not being surprised but they were celebrating.

"Literally no way! Dude me and you got boyfriends on the same day!" Sapnap said happily and they looked over at him confused "Sapnap!" Karl exclaimed, hitting Sapnap's shoulder "Sorry Karl it just kinda slipped out..." Sapnap said, guilt all over his face "It's fine Sap." Karl said, placing a kiss on his head "Well uhm yeah, me and Sapnap are dating too." Karl said shyly.

"Well, it looks like we both didn't coward out." George said, laughing, me and Sapnap looked at our boyfriends in confusion "What do you mean?" Sapnap asked George. Him and Karl looked at each other "Welll... We've been planning this for a while now. To get courage and ask out who we liked." Karl said shyly.

Me and Sapnap made a fake face of betrayal "And you didn't tell us?" I said jokingly, Karl and George started to laugh, George gripped his stomach as Karl teared up from laughing and soon everyone was laughing at the scene before them. After we calmed down we sat down on the counter, George sitting on my lap as I wrapped my arms around his waist. We talked for a bit longer and my mom came in "Hey George and Karl it's getting late, you should get going." My mother said softly, George and Karl nodded and George got off my lap with ease.

We all followed them to the entrance and everyone said their goodbyes, I gave George a soft kiss for my goodbye, we parted and I rested my forehead on his "I'm going to miss you..." I said, George smiled softly and grabbed my hand, creasing it "I'm going to miss you too, but don't worry I'll come and see you whenever I can, it might be a little less because I'm probably about to be involved with a war, " George paused, laughing lightly "But don't worry it won't be any less." He finished, I smiled and connected our lips. After a few minutes but what felt like hours to me, we pulled away.

"I love you baby." I said, he blushed at the pet-name "I love you too." He replied. "Hey! George! C'mon, stop making out with your boyfriend!" Karl yelled laughing, George rolled his eyes playfully and looked at Karl "I can show you guys make-out." George said with a wink and a laugh "EW! NO NO JUST COME ON!" Karl shrieked, me and George laughed at the reaction. After we calmed down I kissed George's hand, he blushed at the action "Until next time, my prince." I said with a smile, he rolled his eyes but kept his smile "Until next time, you idiot." He laughed "Wow, I'm hurt." I said, clenching my shirt where my heart was dramatic. "You're so dumb. Bye Dreamy." George said, I stopped the dramatic act "Bye Georgie." I said as I smiled, George walked over to Karl and they waved at everyone then left the castle.

God I love him

~   George's POV   ~

It's been one month since me and Dream have been dating, my 'father' or Doulgas had in fact started a war, we were winning so far and we were honestly surprised his army was so weak. It gave me actually more of a chance to go to Dream and just bathe in the love and caring he gave for me everyday. But that's besides the point. It's time to tell her, tell her about Dream and me. Dream said he was fine with me telling her whenever, just to let him know when I did it when I see him again. I would be lying if I said I was perfectly fine, in reality I was really nervous, I mean she knew I liked Prince Clay but what if she changed her mind? What if she was mad I didn't tell her right away?

I decided to stop thinking about it and just wing it, I was originally going to tell her after the war but since we're going up against practically nothing then I decided why not? I got dressed for the day and headed downstairs to the dining room. Ever since Doulgas left my mom was doing much better, she was more of a leader than she was before, it was refreshing to see.

"Oh! Hi dear, how did you sleep?" My mom asked, I smiled and sat down "Hi mom, I slept well, what about you?" I asked with a smile "Eh, it was a bit hard but I still got some." She said with her soft smile. We continued to talk and Ranboo came out. Since Doulgas left Ranboo was able to finally become an actual maid, since before he had to have a maid everywhere he went. Ranboo placed down my mom's plate like he always did and handed out mine, offering to grab it myself, I obviously obeyed and smiled at him, he waved and smiled back then headed back to the kitchen.

Me and my mom talked through breakfast, ever since Doulgas left breakfast, lunch, and dinner wasn't quiet, it was nice. We finished breakfast and I knew it was time "Uhm... Mom? Can I tell you something?" I asked, she turned her head, since she was about to walk out of the dining room "Yes dear?" She asked sweetly. "So uh a while ago, well, a month ago something... happened." I said, pausing to catch a breath, my mothers body was now facing fully around and she had an raised eyebrow. Once I felt like I could finally breathe I continued "Well, me and Prince Dre- I mean Prince Clay decided to... be together." I said, quickly, I looked at my mother's face and she was shocked for a moment but then her face went to pure enjoyment.

She ran to me and gave me a tight hug "I'm so happy for you George!" She exclaimed happily, I started tearing up and hugged her back tightly "You're not mad for telling you right when it happened?" I asked "God, no! It's your decision to tell me, but..." she trailed off but continued "if that boy breaks your heart in anyway he's dead." She whispered, I laughed at her words "Don't worry mom, I've got a big feeling he wouldn't even dare." I said with a smile. Me and my mom talked about how me and Dream got together and she found out that those 'prince duties' were just dates and it made her laugh tons. Ever since Doulgas left. We've been happier.

————————————————

Word count: 1,572